Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

...the songs felt unfinished in some ways. They seem to have had some trouble with structures, the bridges go absolutely nowhere. Disaster especially, which was a bummer because that song had some real promise. But the way it just drops down to the drum beat for 5 measures (?!) then has like a copy/pasted drum roll going back into the chorus, stuff like that is mind boggling to me. I still can't believe they just said "eh, fuck it, good enough, let's just leave it that way."

I've always wondered what's going on when the guitar part in the bridge in When I Was Young drops out randomly halfway through the beat. It's either the stupidest creative choice or someone fucked up. Did anyone listen to this thing before they put it out?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trainwreck said:

I've always wondered what's going on when the guitar part in the bridge in When I Was Young drops out randomly halfway through the beat. It's either the stupidest creative choice or someone fucked up. Did anyone listen to this thing before they put it out?

I think they had something else planned but didn't see it through or have time to finish it.

16 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Hahaha yess that's the other one I couldn't think of off the top of my head. Unreal.

19 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

love that part.

The way the chorus Comes in after the bridge in disaster though is super wierd. I don't mind it but it just shows that it was a rushed Thing. i think tom was very inspired, started to put some Songs together, got excited, got the other guys in the studio but he/they didn't have the Energy to push them to the next Level, so they just left so many lose ends and probably were happy they got to go home

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Neal said:

love that part.

The way the chorus Comes in after the bridge in disaster though is super wierd. I don't mind it but it just shows that it was a rushed Thing. i think tom was very inspired, started to put some Songs together, got excited, got the other guys in the studio but he/they didn't have the Energy to push them to the next Level, so they just left so many lose ends and probably were happy they got to go home

Yeah, I have the same feeling regarding DED. The commitment to them was perfect. Blink looked like they were finally becoming a full time band again. Mark travelled all the way from UK for it. Travis is always committed. Tom actually was hyped for blink. But it was rushed. No producer. Didn't it take just a month? I remember Mark going back and forth from UK to USA during the recording of that EP. So that probably meant Mark was there 2-3 days a week for a whole month. If you be literal about it, they probably spent about 15-20 days working on it. Not enough time at all iMO.

It also seemed to me Tom had most of the songs written before they started recording too. But it was improvement I think. I didn't find the bridges boring like Neighborhoods ones. WIYY was just different to all the bridges from Neighborhoods. DED had a weird but cool bridge. Had no clue why they did that bridge for Disaster. Boxing Day, you can tell that was a full band effort and the bridge totally works for it. PLG had some forced rap. They were improving from Neighborhoods. But something was still missing. They needed more time and a producer. And I think they needed to write all these songs together more. Tom's lyrics also improved shit loads for this EP compared to Neighborhoods too.

21 minutes ago, Neal said:

Tom needed to leave blink. I'm very happy he did. I just wish mark and travis would've done the same

I think they would've been fine if they were all 100% committed to blink. Well, if Tom was then he'd have no problem with Mark & Travis really. But I'm starting to think +44 should've returned instead of hiring Skiba to replace Tom. Or some side project with Skiba, then maybe we'd get that +44/Alkaline Trio sound most of us were hoping for.

We'll see after this new album anyway. Hopefully they can surprise us all.

4 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

But I'm starting to think +44 should've returned instead of hiring Skiba to replace Tom. Or some side project with Skiba, then maybe we'd get that +44/Alkaline Trio sound most of us were hoping for.

absolutely. i like to hear knew music from the guys. but i don't Need blink to be still around if it isn't mark tom and travis.

• Like 1

Man, I'd still love to hear what blink would've sounded like if Tom never left in 2005. Those AVA songs from that album with input from Mark & Travis, as well as some Mark songs with input from Tom. I think that album would've been better than the smiley face album. 2002-2006 was the prime of blink from a creativity stand point.

They all still have it in them to write kick ass tracks though, even on California. Just there's way less and less of them.

• Like 1

I've heard that before but they cut out that entire bridge and replace it with the intro after the first chorus. Made it even worse IMO. I'd like the bridge to still be there, just without the rap. So at that point, just an instrumental. All i've ever heard are cut copy and paste stuff. It just makes it sound lazy.

On 1/31/2019 at 2:39 AM, darkarrow said:

I love the EP. Has anyone bought the pseudo physical copy that’s on amazon? It’s not official but I’ve always wondered what the disk looks like.

Yeah I have it but not looked at it in years. Will dig it out and post the picture on here.

• Like 2