Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

The biggest thing I think, that has come if this EP is that Tom feels he can have some creative freedom inside blink again.

I felt the way he phrased what AVA and BCR were, was that they were his creative outlet, for what he couldn't bring to blink and that was evident with neighbourhoods. It was written a similar time to love II and that was the album that seemed to do something different.

Whereas now it seems he can focus what he's wanting to experiment on or where his creativity is directing him is happening inside blink which is why there's a lack of Tom in the new AVA EP and loads in the blink material.

I just think what's happening now is what I've wanted since the 09 Grammys, that they can finally burst out of their comfort zone and do what's next and we might get the next Untitled out of them in the coming years.

• Like 1

I'll save everyone the trouble, it sucks. If you DO download it, the only remix you should listen to is the Young London remix because it sort of sounds like it has the instrumentals of an Arctic Monkeys song which is interesting - but yeah, it's basically the Ilan Rubin EP. Discuss it in the AVA section, I made a thread.

(And this is coming from a pretty big AVA fan...)

I think it's only fair that Travis gets to throw in some of his influences and backgrounds if we're going to start hearing stadium-synthy tones from Tom and faster rock from Mark. Makes sense for the EP (rather than the album).