Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

I think I am one of the only people who thinks Snake Charmer is an absolute awesome song. I think it might be in my top 5 Blink songs ever......But the thing to me that is missing from the new Blink stuff is Travis. It seems to me he is kinda just stagnant in his drum lines. I want to hear a new Blink song where Travis just blows my head off. GOTDF almost did that because of the intro but that was the end of it....To me he is what separated all the side projects and Blink apart and its like he isn't in it.There were so many Blink songs that to me he turned a good song into a great song just cause he played unique and amazing drum lines. That youtube video of Boxing Day Drum Remix is more what I would expect out of Travis than what we got...But I still like the new stuff.

• Like 2

I think I am one of the only people who thinks Snake Charmer is an absolute awesome song. I think it might be in my top 5 Blink songs ever......But the thing to me that is missing from the new Blink stuff is Travis. It seems to me he is kinda just stagnant in his drum lines. I want to hear a new Blink song where Travis just blows my head off. GOTDF almost did that because of the intro but that was the end of it....To me he is what separated all the side projects and Blink apart and its like he isn't in it.There were so many Blink songs that to me he turned a good song into a great song just cause he played unique and amazing drum lines. That youtube video of Boxing Day Drum Remix is more what I would expect out of Travis than what we got...But I still like the new stuff.

I disagree with it separating the side projects from blink, as I think that the best drumming he did was in Box Car Racer.  His beats made half the songs on that album

I just don't get why the fuck they need to use synths in most every song. Asthena was good because it was something new at the time, and that song just fucking rocked in general. Now its played out and stale. Thats the reason people always bring in AVA comparisons, because most everything Tom has done with AVA he now does with Blink. They're two different fucking entities, and he needs to realize that. Save the corny synths and played out long intros for AVA. The fact that his guitar playing is basically just recycled octaves with a delay effect on them, doesn't help either. It seems he always takes the easy way out. He can easily make the bridges more full and songs a little less plain but he doesn't. There really aren't any real catchy riffs anymore. I agree with everyone who said that it just doesn't deliver. The fact is straight forward rock songs are what they're good at, and they should stick to the formula that made them. Idk about you guys but hearts all gone is a dope song, and that was written with the new "evolved" blink, so Tom could do it if he wanted to. But instead his Bono fantasy messes that up from happening, until mark smacks the shit outta him and snaps him out of it. Sure "evolving" isn't a bad thing, but with blink there really is only so much you can do before you just start getting corny. "Evolving" as a band doesn't mean obnoxious synths, long intros, and a terrible guitar sound. With that said, the songs are decently catchy, and not badly written. But in the end, the EP isn't mind blowing, its average at best  I'm a huge fan but, I can't stand these fan boys who dick ride everything they release. To say this is "amazing" you're just playing yourself. I do think PLG is the best song on the EP, and disaster is legit. 

• Like 2

only thing i can really complain about is it still lacks a catchy riff like the old days! i think toms over the little riffs like the dammit, and man overboard, wendy clear riffs etc. but its okay. these songs are all amazing. the rapping is slowly growing on me, but like someone said, it wouldve been cool if mark sang it. it couldve sounded something like the Feeling This bridge.

I think if you take Natives, GOTDF, Up All Night, After Midnight, Love Is Dangerous, Even If She Falls and this EP that album would have been massive.

im shocked that you dont consider wishing well good enough to be on that list, the songs beast. 

As of right now (03:15 am) DED is #2 on the UK itunes album charts 

I might be in the minority in my opinion of Neighborhoods, I thought it was a great come back album considering they hadn't been in the same studio and Tom had AVA to focus on too. This EP shows us what happens when these 3 get into a studio together, pure magic. Really excited to see what this band has coming up in 2013, sounds like Tom is taking a break from AVA to focus on Blink and work on album. I gotta feeling they could be on the cusp of Untitled Part 2 territory. :)

The EP is pretty good, better than most of Neighborhoods

I still think that some of AVA's songs are better than most of the new blink songs, I wish they were Blink songs to begin with, but its hard to beat songs like Call to Arms, Breathe, Love Like Rockets, Sirens, Good Day, The Adventure. If Mark sang in those songs they would be even better

I shouldn't be comparing it to AVA, but its hard not to with all the synths and guitar delay in the new blink music

• Like 1

Tom absolutely kills it on Pretty Little Girl, holy shit. It's just so sincere, it's a powerful song, and i like the rap.. That's coming from someone who has maybe 20 rap songs on his iPod. This EP is amazing, not a bad song on it IMO. The harmonies are sex, toms guitar sounds like it should, marks bass sounds great and I don't even need to mention Travis' amazing drumming. I do wish there was more Mark, but you can't force yourself to write a song. Toms just always full of ideas.

• Like 1