Dogs Eating Dogs

Live Fast Die Fun

I find it funny that people who tell it like it is about generic songs and lazy reuse of riffs and licks get bitched at by others, but those who sit here on some dick riding bullshit, act like every song is just pure perfection and no one tells them to wake up. I don't think the people including myself who talk about reusing riffs, licks etc, care if it happened here and there, but Tom has to know by now. Its almost like he knows he can get away with it so he's like fuck it, and takes the easy way out, which is where the real let down comes in. Like someone said before, its called NEW music for a reason, not lets take a song we already wrote and change a few parts to make a sort of different song. Nothing blatantly sounded the same, up until AVA Tom. Sure, if you sit there and analyze older blink music, you will find repeating riffs and licks, but nothing to the point where its just in your face obvious. I hardly ever sat there and said "wow that blink song sounds exactly like this one, or this riff is exactly like this one", until these past few years. At least he had the drive to make the songs sound completely different if he did throw in that rare recycled riff.

Tom LOVES to do the dimished chord shit or whatever it is called. He puts it on everything. Basically if you have an A power chord you shift your index down one fret. With both Stockholm and Dogs Eating Dogs. It is regular, then dimished, then regular, then he shifts the index up two frets, then back to regular, then dimished, then regular.

Like I said, it isn't exactly the same, but it is the same idea.

Tom: Get some new ideas.

Like I said, I am happy with this album, I think 3 out of the 5 songs are really good song, better than Neighborhoods. PLG may be the best song Tom has written since 2003.

But man oh man does he re-use shit.

that is not a diminished chord...diminished is essentially flatted notes in a chord not involving the root

tom calls it "descending or ascending root note"....he explains it here and is well aware of using it as much as possible..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BWB3WQPivM

I find it funny that people who tell it like it is about generic songs and lazy reuse of riffs and licks get bitched at by others, but those who sit here on some dick riding bullshit, act like every song is just pure perfection and no one tells them to wake up. I don't think the people including myself who talk about reusing riffs, licks etc, care if it happened here and there, but Tom has to know by now. Its almost like he knows he can get away with it so he's like fuck it, and takes the easy way out, which is where the real let down comes in. Like someone said before, its called NEW music for a reason, not lets take a song we already wrote and change a few parts to make a sort of different song. Nothing blatantly sounded the same, up until AVA Tom. Sure, if you sit there and analyze older blink music, you will find repeating riffs and licks, but nothing to the point where its just in your face obvious. I hardly ever sat there and said "wow that blink song sounds exactly like this one, or this riff is exactly like this one", until these past few years. At least he had the drive to make the songs sound completely different if he did throw in that rare recycled riff.

you should give dick lips and mutt a little listen, and tell me you were pissed the first time you heard mutt way back when. tom was lazy right?

that is not a diminished chord...diminished is essentially flatted notes in a chord not involving the root

tom calls it "descending or ascending root note"....he explains it here and is well aware of using it as much as possible..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BWB3WQPivM

Ah yes....okay. Thanks.

I wasn't sure of the exact name but I know he uses it a lot.

• Like 1

... Like someone said before, its called NEW music for a reason, not lets take a song we already wrote and change a few parts to make a sort of different song. Nothing blatantly sounded the same

i see the similarities with that one little riff between stockholm and DED. but the 2 songs themselves on face value do not sound alike. theres a difference between modifying aspects of an old song into a new one and just taking it and placing it into a new song which people seem to be implying is whats going on, which it isnt imo

you should give dick lips and mutt a little listen, and tell me you were pissed the first time you heard mutt way back when. tom was lazy right?

Absolute terrible example lmao. They sound nothing alike aside from the tempo and the fact that the little 3 note riff in the beginning can also fit in dicklips perfectly.

Seriously, I don't give a fuck if Tom is re using his old ideas or even if another band is copying music from other artists as longs as they make good music...

Nowadays, everything is copied. Maybe it's something with me but I find really hard to find artists whoa re making original songs...

Please, listen this video from 2:45 and tell me if you remember anything... even the piano notes are from Blink (in case you don't remember it's Dammit) and here they make a lot of money doing this...

ANyway, this EP is awesome! Especially Disaster! It sounds like AVA but in really really good way!

Tom LOVES to do the dimished chord shit or whatever it is called. He puts it on everything. Basically if you have an A power chord you shift your index down one fret.

Haha man it would be fucked up if they actually had some diminished chords in blink, maybe they should try it. I know the chords you mean though, he either moves just the root note down or the root and the octave note down. That and power chords are pretty much all he uses, it's amazing he's written so many different sounding songs just from that really

I haven't read the thread, but has it struck anyone else how similar When I Was Young is to AVA's Everything's Magic in terms of melody, or how similar Dogs Eating Dogs is to +44's Lycanthrope? Not hating, they're both solid songs, but it seemed kind of odd to me.

The EP only really kicks off with Boxing Day, which is something a bit different for blink, and Pretty Little Girl, which despite the rap, is pretty awesome.

A little underwhelmed overall, but it's a decent listen. I kind of expected feel like this given how rushed the recording was though, so if it's an indication of the general direction of the album, then I'm happy.