Coheed - The Afterman : Ascension

Majestic McMoose

Yeah I love Coheed. Not overly fussed on Ascension though, I hope part 2 is better. For me, the album is a definite improvement over Black Rainbow but not as good as all their older stuff. Only a couple of songs grab me, whereas on all the albums preceding YotBR I found every song memorable.

I just want them to go back to doing sick solos or big instrumental sections all the time.

Eppard is a very underrated drummer, I've always loved listening to him. Especially in a band where the guitar work takes a real centre stage. It's good to see him back, hopefully he's sorted out his drug problem

Eppard is a very underrated drummer, I've always loved listening to him. Especially in a band where the guitar work takes a real centre stage. It's good to see him back, hopefully he's sorted out his drug problem

He really is. I love his stuff. Except his drums were really boring when he was in that band with Fred from Taking Back Sunday. I think they were called Terrible Things. The music they played didn't lend itself to the drumming Eppard did, but I'm really happy he's back with Coheed.

• 2 weeks later...

This came out recently, part 1 of their double album. One of my favourite Coheed albums so far, the drums are great. saw them live a few weeks back and they're spot on with their shows, one of the best gigs ive been to. Anyone a fan? :)

the drums are great cause they stole Chris Pennie...one of my favorite drummers. Dillinger are one of my favorite bands and he was one of the original songwriters....guess he had to go where the money was.

the drums are great cause they stole Chris Pennie...one of my favorite drummers. Dillinger are one of my favorite bands and he was one of the original songwriters....guess he had to go where the money was.

Chris only officially did drums for Year of the black rainbow, which next to no world is generally thought of as one of the weaker albums (which i personally just put down to how it was produced). Josh eppards back for the double album, hence my big drum boner.

• 1 month later...

quick track by track;

1. Pretelethal - the beginning bugs me, i dont like how he sings it, then the drums hit and im happy

2. Sentry the defiant - GHJGJRG;JV love it, the acoustic versions much better, but this is still easily the best track on this half

3. The hard sell - wasnt too fond of it on the first listen but the chorus is growing on me 

4. Number city - was really thrown of by it, especially the trumpets but its got such a sweet groove to it which is half of why i love the band. 

5. Gravitys union - sorta meh, seems to go on a bit too long

6. Away we go - maybe my second favourite from this half, i love jams like this, i can tell if they play it acoustic itll be pretty fucking awesome 

7. Iron fist - really bummed it didnt remain fully acoustic but still a pretty sweet jam, not sure about the electronic drums

8. Dark side of me - love the throw back in the drums and the opening riff is great 

9. 2's my favorite 1 - seems like a pretty standard track to end an album with considering its coheed. i absolutely adore the coheed theme, so when it was at the end i was pretty happy that the double album started and finished with it.