Boxing Day (Premiere Today)

blink--182

It's got that energy you said was lacking in the chorus.

Well I was 18 then and immediately loved the song. (Hated the video though.)

I 100% agree, it does have great energy. The whole call and response thing. But as a melodic song it is lacking a bit.

Lets compare:

"I got no regret right now....feeling this" ............goes on for like a minute. Accented by a low energy chorus.

or

"Breathing deeply, walking backwards, finding strengh to call and ask her, roller coaster, favorite ride, let me kiss you one last time"........and that is just the start of someting amazing.

I think he wasn't being serious as rap in general is not really melodic so by Oliver's standards all rap is shit.

Rap is a whole different beast. The melody is all in the music. The fast talking just accents it. But I am not a big fan of rap, nope. The lyrics have to really speak to me and the melody has to really grab me by the balls or my ears bleed.

I walked out of a Jay Z concert 3 songs in......it sounded like nails on a chalkboard.

Saying it has no chorus is just wrong. There's no reason to have a debate on this one.

Mark and Tom even refer to it as a chorus.

Saying it ha too little guitar or sth like that isn't an argument. There are quiet or reduced choruses.

You could say you don't like this chorus but everything else is just ridiculous...

Yes, there really isn't a reason to debate this. It is a matter of taste. If you want a good call and response song with a lot of energy "Everytime I look for you" on TOYPAJ. It has everything and IMO is 1000 times better than Feeling This. That song rocks, Feeling This just kind of putters along and never really goes anywhere IMO.

First Date was a great song for its time. But once you are out of your teens it just isn't really relevent anymore. That is why Tom is sick of it.

I 100% agree, it does have great energy. The whole call and response thing. But as a melodic song it is lacking a bit.

Lets compare:

"I got no regret right now....feeling this" ............goes on for like a minute. Accented by a low energy chorus.

or

"Breathing deeply, walking backwards, finding strengh to call and ask her, roller coaster, favorite ride, let me kiss you one last time"........and that is just the start of someting amazing.

Yes, Roller Coaster is obviously more melodic but also shit compared to Feeling This.

I'd definitely disagree with that.  Why do you consider Roller coaster filler? I think it's one of their more complex tracks. I don't think he's actually talking about a roller coaster. The relationship is a roller coaster and as much as that sucks he can't get enough of it cause he loves her.

Just a killer track. I don't really like songs like Feeling this because they hardly make any sense at all.

I don't care much about lyrics, especially those boy-girl lyrics that were typical of the old blink. I cannot relate to them because I was never obsessed with relationships in the first place. The whole song sounds like something they came up with in five minutes (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). Too loud for its weak content. Hate the "let me kiss you one last time" part but the bridge (both instrumental and vocal parts) is pretty cool.

I remember when Feeling This came out as "Action" and it was a slight disappointment for TOYPAJ/Enema fans. In fact all of Untitled was, at the time, a slight disappointment for people. It wasn't a flop by any means. But people who had been use to Blink as a pop/punk band didn't like the direction. They felt like Mark didn't get enough songs on the album either.

Who'd have thought that Untitled spawned a new generation of fans who prefer it over the pop punk that Blink were known for.

As I have said many times, I liked Untitled, but I would have preferred Blink went in the direction of BCR had they wanted to become a "serious" band.

I remember when Feeling This came out as "Action" and it was a slight disappointment for TOYPAJ/Enema fans. In fact all of Untitled was, at the time, a slight disappointment for people. It wasn't a flop by any means. But people who had been use to Blink as a pop/punk band didn't like the direction. They felt like Mark didn't get enough songs on the album either.

Who'd have thought that Untitled spawned a new generation of fans who prefer it over the pop punk that Blink were known for.

As I have said many times, I liked Untitled, but I would have preferred Blink went in the direction of BCR had they wanted to become a "serious" band.

The band grew and 12 year olds that heard that as their first album grew with the band!

I also agree with this last sentance, I think BCR is a much stronger, yet they both should have more Mark.