Tom has totally taken over

tom18222

It's quite dramatic to say Tom has taken over. Mark's good at writing songs, and without him this EP would've sounded like ava. He might not sing a lot anymore, but his influence is surely needed for Blink. Tom can write good lyrics if he wants to, I think PLG proves that. Either way, I like that they're writing more mature songs because it's easier to relate to now. Thank god they don't have a "Fuck Time" song like that other crappier band.

I like the fact they are writing more mature songs. But wish they would put in some more killer riffs.

So first Tom doesn't care about blink...now he is taking over? K.

People on here make me lol sometimes.

Like Ghent said, one month Tom wants nothing to do with blink and now he's the superior? Riiiiiiight.

This is exactly what I thought when I first read this post. One minute everyone is bashing Tom for not having enough want and energy towards "Blink". Now hes taking over?

None of us know how they decide to do shit in the studio. Can't we be happy they're in a studio TOGETHER and writing amazing music? I personally could careless whos writing what and who's singing what as long as future releases are as rad as this EP.

• Like 2

People on here make me lol sometimes.

Like Ghent said, one month Tom wants nothing to do with blink and now he's the superior? Riiiiiiight.

Also, we have here an amazing release from one of our favourite bands, and it seems like people preffers to focuss on paranoia rather than enjoy this glorious EP. This board never ceases to amaze me.

I dunno, I think Mark still has a lot to do with how Tom's melodies end up going and resolving. Like, people keep pointing out the similarities to AVA, but most everyone agrees that it's way better than AVA, and I think that wouldn't be the case if they weren't writing together. I guess what i'm saying is that just because Mark isn't singing doesn't mean he was uninvolved with the song.

I think Tom was always a bigger driver of songwriting in the band; just watching the Cheetah vids, particularly the making of Down, you can see the way he is able to take an idea and just fly with it right off the bat.  However, in the days from Flyswatter all the way up until TOYPAJ, they were on the same page in terms of influences, what style they were aiming for, etc.  However, as Tom's tastes and influences started to diverge from Mark's, it started to become apparent who wrote which song.  In Untitled, it wasn't really discussed because we hadn't seen +44 or AVA yet, but a lot of the songs on there are pretty plainly Tom songs or Mark songs in retrospect.  I think that the only reason people think Tom is "taking over" now is because he is singing more; I contend he has always been a bigger creative presence in the band.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="himynameisrichie" data-cid="1036327" data-time="1355936934"><p>

Would you all just shut the f*** up and enjoy the EP? Get a f***ing life, seriously. Do you realise how stupid you sound? Just enjoy the music, douche bags.</p></blockquote>

Thanks for censoring your swears. The children who read these boards don't need to have such filth spilt into their minds. You are a true gentleman!