interview with chris homes about recording Dogs Eating Dogs

bennett

Here is another example.  Just cuz George Lucas could release special editions of the original Star Wars Trilogy, that changes facts of the series (Han no longer shooting first), adds terrible CGI to a film that relied on puppets (Jabba the Hut), needless dubbing ("Nooo!"), Young Anakin's ghost, etc etc.  Just cuz he could do all of that.  Should he have?  I don't think theres a single Star Wars fan out there that truly loves the special edition of the trilogy over the original versions.  Yet, thats the version Lucas wants us to love.  He wants it to be the only version available, never giving the original trilogy a proper digital conversion.  Never to see a blu-ray release for HDTVs.

Its sad and it pisses me off.  I don't like seeing things released and then another version being released and it being declared the definitive better edition, just cuz someone else says so.  I don't want PLG to be a single, but not have the rap or Yelawolf in the video should there be one.  I don't want to hear the song on the radio but it be lacking the rap.  I don't want it to be in movies without the rap.  Like it or not, the rap is a part of the song, and for another version to get spread around and declared better or whatever, devalues Yelawolf's input too, which is pretty lame.  The guy isn't a huge star, it must feel pretty awesome to then be asked to rap on a blink song.  But I would think it would be pretty disappointing if that same song I was a special guest in, was also released completely without me.  It all just seems rude and wrong.

As someone who has been a star wars fan since I was 5 years old, and as someone who hates the new versions of the film, I can honestly say I don't really give a shit what crazy Lucas does anymore. I only watch the originals and I haven't spent a penny on the new shit. I won't watch it. But I don't think it devalues the old versions at all. IMO the old versions are the real versions of the film, they are what I watch and associate with. Han shot first.

As far as devaluing Wolfman's rap, I respect your opinion, but it is hard for me to relate because not only do I think he doesn't add value to the song, I actually think he SUBTRACTS from it.

As someone who has been a star wars fan since I was 5 years old, and as someone who hates the new versions of the film, I can honestly say I don't really give a shit what crazy Lucas does anymore. I only watch the originals and I haven't spent a penny on the new shit. I won't watch it. But I don't think it devalues the old versions at all. IMO the old versions are the real versions of the film, they are what I watch and associate with. Han shot first.

As far as devaluing Wolfman's rap, I respect your opinion, but it is hard for me to relate because not only do I think he doesn't add value to the song, I actually think he SUBTRACTS from it.

The new versions absolutely devalues the original versions, and you know how?  Lucas refuses to release blu-ray HD quality versions of the original trilogy.  That is devaluing the original films by insisting that the new versions are the way the films were always supposed to be by not giving those (the majority) of the fans that want the actual films the way they were meant to be in the HD quality of today.  There was one conversion of the original series to DVD and it was a very very crappy conversion, the Laserdisc version is infamously the best digital versions of the original trilogy that you can obtain.  But even still it pales in comparison to most dvds, and doesn't come near the quality of blu-rays.    This shit pisses me off, why in the hell can't you release the original on blu-ray?  I feel bad for the kids growing up that want to get into the original Star Wars trilogy, but when they go to stream it online via Amazon, or rent it via Netflix or redbox or whatever, and they get the versions they do and watch it thinking this is what the films always were.  Its incredibly sad how many kids are gonna think Han didn't shoot first.

Also, I find it very interesting that you went from saying I've "really gone off the deep end," to "I respect your opinion," on the same subject.  Perhaps this is an indication that sometimes you might jump the gun on others?  Maybe you should hear them out next time before jumping to insults.  Finally, I find your constant purposely using the wrong name for Yelawolf incredibly juvenile and disrespectful.  Like his part or not, theres no need to purposely keep naming him incorrectly.  I hate Fall Out Boy, but I don't go around calling them Fag Out Boy.  Its grade school humor at best, and each time I think that you're better and more mature than junk like that, you'll do something like it again.

The new versions absolutely devalues the original versions, and you know how?  Lucas refuses to release blu-ray HD quality versions of the original trilogy.  That is devaluing the original films by insisting that the new versions are the way the films were always supposed to be by not giving those (the majority) of the fans that want the actual films the way they were meant to be in the HD quality of today.  There was one conversion of the original series to DVD and it was a very very crappy conversion, the Laserdisc version is infamously the best digital versions of the original trilogy that you can obtain.  But even still it pales in comparison to most dvds, and doesn't come near the quality of blu-rays.    This shit pisses me off, why in the hell can't you release the original on blu-ray?  I feel bad for the kids growing up that want to get into the original Star Wars trilogy, but when they go to stream it online via Amazon, or rent it via Netflix or redbox or whatever, and they get the versions they do and watch it thinking this is what the films always were.  Its incredibly sad how many kids are gonna think Han didn't shoot first.

Also, I find it very interesting that you went from saying I've "really gone off the deep end," to "I respect your opinion," on the same subject.  Perhaps this is an indication that sometimes you might jump the gun on others?  Maybe you should hear them out next time before jumping to insults.  Finally, I find your constant purposely using the wrong name for Yelawolf incredibly juvenile and disrespectful.  Like his part or not, theres no need to purposely keep naming him incorrectly.  I hate Fall Out Boy, but I don't go around calling them Fag Out Boy.  Its grade school humor at best, and each time I think that you're better and more mature than junk like that, you'll do something like it again.

Well I agree that Lucas should release the originals on Blue Ray and I do think it is ridiculous that he has done what he's done with Star Wars. It is a shame people won't see the original versions. Some of the changes he made aren't that big a deal, but I hear that Darth shouts "NOOOOOO" as he throws Palpatine over the ledge. That has to be a joke, right? Lucas can't be serious. But I don't think it really devalues the originals. Just like I don't think doing a shitty prequel did either. But that's just me.

The comment I made about you going off the deep end was more in regards to not being able to listen to Blink anymore if you didn't like the rap. I do think it is a bit ridiculous that you'd think that releasing the track without rap devalues the original since I think the rap itself devalues the track. Imagine if someone said to you "How dare they release the original Star Wars on Blue Ray because it devalues the changed version". But since you LOVE PLG that much with that rap, after debate, I can respect how you see a track without the rap and something that would devalue the song.

As far as Wolfy, you are 100% correct I have no respect for him.. Call it immature if you want, I think it is immature that he needs to have some kind of stupid rap "stage name". I find it immature that I have to listen to some (IMO) no talent two bit rapper who fucks up an amazing Blink track. Sorry if you have lost respect for me. I don't take it that seriously. In the movie "Unforgiven" Gene Hackman refers to a character as the "Duck of Death" instead of the Duke of Death" because he has no respect for it. I personally don't think it is immature, I just showing my lack of respect. Sorry.

Well I agree that Lucas should release the originals on Blue Ray and I do think it is ridiculous that he has done what he's done with Star Wars. It is a shame people won't see the original versions. Some of the changes he made aren't that big a deal, but I hear that Darth shouts "NOOOOOO" as he throws Palpatine over the ledge. That has to be a joke, right? Lucas can't be serious. But I don't think it really devalues the originals. Just like I don't think doing a shitty prequel did either. But that's just me.

The comment I made about you going off the deep end was more in regards to not being able to listen to Blink anymore if you didn't like the rap. I do think it is a bit ridiculous that you'd think that releasing the track without rap devalues the original since I think the rap itself devalues the track. Imagine if someone said to you "How dare they release the original Star Wars on Blue Ray because it devalues the changed version". But since you LOVE PLG that much with that rap, after debate, I can respect how you see a track without the rap and something that would devalue the song.

As far as Wolfy, you are 100% correct I have no respect for him.. Call it immature if you want, I think it is immature that he needs to have some kind of stupid rap "stage name". I find it immature that I have to listen to some (IMO) no talent two bit rapper who fucks up an amazing Blink track. Sorry if you have lost respect for me. I don't take it that seriously. In the movie "Unforgiven" Gene Hackman refers to a character as the "Duck of Death" instead of the Duke of Death" because he has no respect for it. I personally don't think it is immature, I just showing my lack of respect. Sorry.

Wait, What?

Its stupid. All of it. P Ditty, Sean Puffy, Puffy Daddy Jay Z,......... Even Eminem is stupid and I think he has tons of talent.

I know all the names on here (mine included) are the sameway, but I think that is different from acquiring a name for marketing purposes.

How about Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Madonna or Blink 182?

How about Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Madonna or Blink 182?

I was essentially gonna say the same thing.  A band name is the same thing as a stage name.  Cuz afterall bands can go simply by their names: such as Simon and Garfunkel, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, and Hall and Oates.

Hence why I said I could call Fall Out Boy, Fag Out Boy and it would essentially be the same thing Oliver was doing.  Its immature and he knows it, yet he continues to do it.  As far as I'm concerned it really destroys whatever argument he has against what I'm saying, because underneath it all I know he's just an immature kid (kid not being literal), so how can I take any of his arguments seriously?

I was essentially gonna say the same thing.  A band name is the same thing as a stage name.  Cuz afterall bands can go simply by their names: such as Simon and Garfunkel, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, and Hall and Oates.

Hence why I said I could call Fall Out Boy, Fag Out Boy and it would essentially be the same thing Oliver was doing.  Its immature and he knows it, yet he continues to do it.  As far as I'm concerned it really destroys whatever argument he has against what I'm saying, because underneath it all I know he's just an immature kid (kid not being literal), so how can I take any of his arguments seriously?

Oh yes, everything I say should be discredited.  Whatever. I explained how I feel. A band name is different. Each individual still goes by their real names.

oh stop the whining about yela. he's an amazingly underrated white rapper who made probably the best anyone could out of that bridge. the rhythm of that bridge is really hard to rap on and he killed it. the guy has some amazing flow. the only thing you can blame on him is that he took the part after all. should have known close-minded blink fanboys won't appreciate it. i for my part enjoy that bridge far more then that boring pop refrain they used. that's the thing that really ruins the song.

oh stop the whining about yela. he's an amazingly underrated white rapper who made probably the best anyone could out of that bridge. the rhythm of that bridge is really hard to rap on and he killed it. the guy has some amazing flow. the only thing you can blame on him is that he took the part after all.  i for my part enjoy that bridge far more then that boring pop refrain they used. that's the thing that really ruins the song.

I agree with just about everything you said, though I still quite enjoy the pop refrain.  For me, everything in that song works.

I agree with just about everything you said, though I still quite enjoy the pop refrain.  For me, everything in that song works.

So you still think that Blink fans who don't like the rap don't have an open mind? YOU ARE WRONG.

FTG is one of my favorite songs on Neighborhoods. So much for that idea. Shitty out of place rap with shitty lyrics doesn't do anything for me.

oh stop the whining about yela. he's an amazingly underrated white rapper who made probably the best anyone could out of that bridge. the rhythm of that bridge is really hard to rap on and he killed it. the guy has some amazing flow. the only thing you can blame on him is that he took the part after all. should have known close-minded blink fanboys won't appreciate it. i for my part enjoy that bridge far more then that boring pop refrain they used. that's the thing that really ruins the song.

Oh, he is pretty terrible, but not terrible enough to ruin the song, it's perfect!

LOL. In 5 years time, when that dumbass releases another song, it won't get anymore than 30000 views on youtube, fucking pathetic wannabe bullshit "rapper".

Got 3 words for you: MCA (RIP), Mike D and Ad-Rock.

BY THE WAY, IT IS NOT CLOSE-MINDED WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE A PARTICULAR PIECE OF MUSIC IN A PARTICULAR GENRE, stop with the "oh-you're-not-open-minded-enough". His rap part just sucks very hard, I could name 7920 different rappers who could have pulled off a better job.

It's the same "boring" pop refrain that made Blink what it is, what the fuck are you doing then here? Cause I can use the same logic as you can: stop being close-minded and listen to pop refrains.

LOL. In 5 years time, when that dumbass releases another song, it won't get anymore than 30000 views on youtube, fucking pathetic wannabe bullshit "rapper".

Got 3 words for you: MCA (RIP), Mike D and Ad-Rock.

BY THE WAY, IT IS NOT CLOSE-MINDED WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE A PARTICULAR PIECE OF MUSIC IN A PARTICULAR GENRE, stop with the "oh-you're-not-open-minded-enough". His rap part just sucks very hard, I could name 7920 different rappers who could have pulled off a better job.

It's the same "boring" pop refrain that made Blink what it is, what the fuck are you doing then here? Cause I can use the same logic as you can: stop being close-minded and listen to pop refrains.

Exactly!

So you still think that Blink fans who don't like the rap don't have an open mind? YOU ARE WRONG.

FTG is one of my favorite songs on Neighborhoods. So much for that idea. Shitty out of place rap with shitty lyrics doesn't do anything for me.

I'm sorry... did i ever say that if you don't like the rap you don't have an open mind??? No, never.

What I said is accept it for what it is, or move on.  This isn't going to be the only instance where we see strong input from Travis and his friends and taste (heck it already isn't, look to The Fallen Interlude for probably the first instance).  (if you took my hyperbole of like it or leave blink seriously, then you are just continuing to look like a fool, seriously, read all my posts in this topic completely and thoroughly, then you'll understand what my real point is, I made it very clear, but obviously you've only skimmed some of my posts and thought you got the point when you were waaaaaaaaay off).

So.,. YOU ARE WRONG to insist that that was ever my point, when it wasn't.

If you're talking about what I quoted Stfnkrgr said.  Read what I quoted from him.  I didn't quote the part about being open minded, cuz that in itself is just a fanboy quote.  I was just agreeing what he said about the rap.