Tell me am I right to think that there could be nothing better....

Aria

Confirmed as a 2 disc rerelease, including some remixes and a couple of new songs. Shame it's not a new album, but a couple of new tracks is a bonus.

Ah too bad, I let my self get prematurely excited.  Still some new songs will definitely be nice regardless.

Tracklisting:
Disc 1 (Original Album):
The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
Such Great Heights
Sleeping In
Nothing Better
Recycled Air
Clark Gable
We Will Become Silhouettes
This Place Is a Prison
Brand New Colony
Natural Anthem

Disc 2 (New Tracks, Rarities, B-Sides, Remixes, Cover Versions, etc.):
Turn Around
A Tattered Line of String
Be Still My Heart
There's Never Enough Time
Suddenly Everything Has Changed
Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now)
Grow Old With Me
Such Great Heights (John Tejada Remix)
The District Sleeps Alone Tonight (DJ Downfall Persistent Beat Mix)
Be Still My Heart (Nobody Remix)
We Will Become Silhouettes (Matthew Dear Remix)
Nothing Better (Styrofoam Remix)
Recycled Air (Live on KEXP)
We Will Become Silhouettes (Performed by The Shins)
Such Great Heights (Performed by Iron and Wine)

While I really like the tracklisting (especially the 2 new unreleased tracks), I can't help but feel that there is one key track that they aren't including that they should include: Dntel - (This is) The Dream of Evan and Chan which of course was the song that led to the creation of The Postal Service.   You might say, well technically this isn't a Postal Service song.  To that I say, well so?  They include The Shins and Iron and Wine covers (as did the LP of Give UP), the Dntel song is way more of a Postal Service song then the two covers.

There are sooooo many Postal Service like bands these days.  They really were ahead of their time when they released Give Up.  And I wonder if maybe thats part of why they don't plan to ever do another full album, there are just too many similar bands now.  Thing is, none of them do it as well as they did, some do come close though.  For example, thats a great song you posted Aria, still its not the Postal Service.

Also, I wonder if they considered adding Feist - Mushaboom (The Postal Service Remix), it features Ben Gibbard singing, unlike the other remixes they did for Azure Ray, Nina Simone, and The Cribs.  I never heard their Rolling Stones remix for I'm Free, don't know if he sings on that or not.  But it seems to me that if its a remix where they make it sound like Postal Service song and Ben Gibbard sings, they should include it.  Clearly this release is supposed to be just about the complete Postal Service collection.  Thats why i think it'd be a shame to miss (This Is) The Dream of Evan and Chan, and to a lesser extent Mushaboom.

Edit:  Found and listened to the Rolling Stones remix, Ben doesn't sing, so to me it wouldn't be an essential track to include at all.  But I do stand by my thought that they should add Evan and Chan and Mushaboom.

• 3 weeks later...