Star Wars Episode VII (news, discussion etc) [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

theedge00

Looks pretty badass to me..

and he's a really good actor.

Also, he might be Han and Leia's son, so could explain the appearance. Kilo Ren Solo and Kira Rey Solo? Never know.

He is definitely not a Hayden Christiansen type actor!

An actor like Hayden Christiansen isn't inherently a bad thing. Frankly I thought his acting in episodes 2 and 3 was just fine. His acting isn't what made those movies so poor, it is and always has been the scripts. Hayden did a fine job with the material he was given, but even the greatest actor in the world ahering to the written dialogue of those movies wouldn't be able to save them and they'd likely be regarded as being a poor actor despite not actually failing at acting out the scripts as written.

Has there ever been a movie that's been under so much pressure to be good? Expectations for this thing are through the roof. Not only do they have to do the original movies justice, but they also have to "redeem" the franchise because of the bitter aftertaste the prequels left in everyone's mouths (except for a few of us who still love those movies).

Personally I've never been more excited for any movie before in my life. And I don't think I'll ever be this excited for any movie ever again. After Episode 7, getting a new Star Wars movie won't be "special" anymore. Episode 7 is a big deal. I feel like everything after that is going to be kind of routine...

• Like 1

True, right now this movie feels very special, but soon enough we'll be getting a new Star Wars movie each year, and it will become routine in the same way that we expect a new COD every year. Not necessarily a bad thing, but eventually something we'll take a little for granted.

They shouldn't have to redeem the prequels. Newsflash. The original trilogy was jam packed full of gayness. 

Ewoks=gay

Luke in a new hope=gay

A robot torture chamber that can burn droid's feet=gay

Han and Lando dialogue in Return of the Jedi=gay

The fact that if you look closely enough at Darth Vader's mask in a new hope during the death star battle you can see the actor underneath the mask's stupid face and glasses isn't gay, but I remember rewinding the tapes like thirty times just to see it. 

Main point is there's plenty about the Star Wars movies that are gay, but that's Star Wars. I can't fucking understand why these movies get treated like they were up for an oscar or something. 

• Like 2

They shouldn't have to redeem the prequels. Newsflash. The original trilogy was jam packed full of gayness. 

Ewoks=gay

Luke in a new hope=gay

A robot torture chamber that can burn droid's feet=gay

Han and Lando dialogue in Return of the Jedi=gay

The fact that if you look closely enough at Darth Vader's mask in a new hope during the death star battle you can see the actor underneath the mask's stupid face and glasses isn't gay, but I remember rewinding the tapes like thirty times just to see it. 

Main point is there's plenty about the Star Wars movies that are gay, but that's Star Wars. I can't fucking understand why these movies get treated like they were up for an oscar or something. 

I agree in that I've never understood why they are put on such a pedestal, they're fun movies, but definitely not the second coming of Christ.  But the "gayness" of the prequels (and the bulk of the changes in the special edition of the original trilogy) are on a much higher level of being "gay" than the original trilogy, and I think most SW fans would agree on that.