Mark Hoppus interview at Midem

Zoltan

1 - he hopes +44 does another album in the future if blink ever takes time off

2 - as for touring, they've never relied on the label for a tour

3 - he's having meetings about releasing DED on vinyl

4 - he says the same crap about how people don't really want to hear new songs at shows and mostly the singles

1 - he hopes +44 does another album in the future if blink ever takes time off

2 - as for touring, they've never relied on the label for a tour

3 - he's having meetings about releasing DED on vinyl

4 - he says the same crap about how people don't really want to hear new songs at shows and mostly the singles

Which is such utter bullshit...Why make new music if you think people don't want to hear it live....

Can't wait for you to watch that video and realise how ridiculously wrong your comment is.

It was a good interview. Very business oriented. Mark seems like a very polished person.  Almost looks like some middle aged yuppie you'd see out golfing at the local country club. Not an insult just an impression.

I do think he seems very comfortable in who he is; however, it is clear to me from his associations with Pete Wentz, associations with other up and coming bands, and his lack of creative force in Blink these days, that he is a bit insecure in his music.

He seems to me like blink going from enema to toypaj rather than toypaj to untitled.  [that wasn't meant literally]

In the sense that blink going from enema to toypaj did the same thing but tried to go a bit harder and faster. It's great but not amazing.

Unlike the toypaj to untitled where they went "fuck it, let's throw everything out and do something new and cool". 

He seems to scared to throw out the playbook and do something risky and different.

Saying that, I love the music they put out, but I also love toypaj. 

He's a cool guy and I could listen to him talk about music all day. I loved that interview.

lol because he is friends with pete wentz he is insecure of his music? i dont think pete wentz has been mentioned by mark in quite a while, plus he is living in England.

He was friends with Pete Wentz because FOB was the next big thing and Mark needed to associate himself with that.

He doesn't mention Pete anymore because FOB is long gone.

Holy fuck lol... are you serious?

Now we are going to argue something along the lines of whether or not Mark is insecure about his music because he doesn't mention Pete Wentz anymore.
I thought I had read it all, heard it all, and seen it all on this forum until today.

Lord help us

• Like 1

He was friends with Pete Wentz because FOB was the next big thing and Mark needed to associate himself with that.

He doesn't mention Pete anymore because FOB is long gone.

dude are you serious? do you really struggle to believe that they just might have gotten along really well? Like why is that so hard to comprehend?

If you watch those videos from back on the HCT it looked like they all got on very well as friends, not just trying to stay relavant.