Mark Hoppus interview at Midem

Zoltan

There are millions of musicians that Mark could have befriended but he chose a guy that was at the top of the charts. Coincidence? No.

Of course it isn't a fact. Once again, I figured you guys knew the difference between opinion and fact. It is my opinion. However what is a fact is an interview Mark gave where he said he was unsure of his songwriting a lot of the time. What is also a fact is that Mark has produced like 1 song to Tom's 10 which is remarkable since Mark was the one who never wanted Blink to break up.

And I've been good, Mark must have mentioned the word "money" in that interview at least 20 times, and I have not commented on it at all; and won't.

Do you choose your friends based on who is going to benefit you more? Or are your friends people that you happen to have a lot in common with, that you enjoy spending time with and just get along with well?

The latter is mark and Pete regardless of what you say.

Do you choose your friends based on who is going to benefit you more? Or are your friends people that you happen to have a lot in common with, that you enjoy spending time with and just get along with well?

The latter is mark and Pete regardless of what you say.

You don't know that anymore than I know it was to try and stay relevent.

Like I said Mark could have been friends with millions of people who shared his passion for music, why did he choose a guy who was at the top of the charts?

Mark and Pete seem absolutely nothing alike either IMO.

I met Pete on the HCT and actually asked him about hanging out with Mark. He said that they had become amazing friends and was blessed to have become such good friends with someone who he admired and looked up to as a musician. I personally can't imagine trying to be friend someone just because they happen to be BIG at the time. i choose my friends because I get along with them have shit in common and all around enjoy their company. I think you'd have to be a complete idiot AKA Oliver to assume he only became friends with him to stay relevant. Like Mark needs anyone to stay relevant.

EDIT: I think Oliver needs to continuously argue and throw out ridiculous opinions just to stay RELEVANT on these forums.

You don't know that anymore than I know it was to try and stay relevent.

Like I said Mark could have been friends with millions of people who shared his passion for music, why did he choose a guy who was at the top of the charts?

Mark and Pete seem absolutely nothing alike either IMO.

Because they're in the same industry? The same genre? Could it be that Pete went out of his way to befriend Mark, his childhood (as well as the rest of the bands) idol? The fact that they both shared similar claims to fame among the same genre of fans at around the same times of their lives, just different generations?

That argument reminds me of the religious argument "Well you can't prove it isn't real!!!" Sorry Oliver, with your argument, the onus is on you as you're the one making the ridiculous claims. 

Sorry, I don't believe it.  Even most normal married people with kids, a full time job, etc don't have a lot of time for friends.

Case in point, where is Ghent? He's gone. Bye Ghent.......That shit is a huge responsiblity.

Mark has kids, wife, manages companies, is in a band, and has like millions who are trying to get a piece of his time. Yet he devotes time to Pete just because they get along? Y-e-a-h.

You can shut me up if you have proof that Mark and Pete still talk on a regular basis. Otherwise all I see is a Business related partnership with a Plus 44 tour opening for FOB and a Blink 182 tour where FOB opens. Beyond that, I don't see anything.

Mark did need to stay relevent in 2007.......the guy lost his entire professional career basically.

As they're touring? There was a point in which Mark and Pete were exchanging their work responsibilities with friendship responsibilities. I don't know about you, but some of my best friends I barely see once a month, but that doesn't deteriorate our friendship whatsoever. The fact that you're using Ghent as an example is ridiculous - of course a new born baby requires much more productive responsibility than sitting on an internet forum about blink-182, jesus.

People with full time jobs and lots to managed dont have time for friends? stop being an asshole and just take things on face value for once. do you expect mark to mention pete in every interview just to prove that even though blink have reestablished themselves, they remained friends? pete isnt mentioned a lot cos theres no point in doing it.