fall out boy back + new single

ConE

'A MESSAGE FROM PETE, PATRICK, ANDY & JOE

when we were kids the only thing that got us through most days was music. its why we started fall out boy in the first place. this isn't a reunion because we never broke up. we needed to plug back in and make some music that matters to us.

the future of fall out boy starts now.

save rock and roll...

so glad theyre back, really loving the new song but also understand why some people are complaining about it

whats everyone elses thoughts?

It's funny they say "Save Rock and Roll" and yet this single sounds like everything thing else that is "in" right now. That whole pseudo sounding drum beat, indie sounding textures with the vocals and guitars. I don't know, everything about this song sounds like hipster music to me. It's like a watered down Imagine Dragons.

It's funny they say "Save Rock and Roll" and yet this single sounds like everything thing else that is "in" right now. That whole pseudo sounding drum beat, indie sounding textures with the vocals and guitars. I don't know, everything about this song sounds like hipster music to me. It's like a watered down Imagine Dragons.

Exactly what I thought when I first heard it.

• 2 weeks later...

'A MESSAGE FROM PETE, PATRICK, ANDY & JOE

when we were kids the only thing that got us through most days was music. its why we started fall out boy in the first place. this isn't a reunion because we never broke up. we needed to plug back in and make some music that matters to us.'

Which translates as:

We broke up because our egos got too big and we thought we could all be successful individually, however no one gave a shit about any of us alone and the money is now drying up so we're back to make some more.