Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead in home

Low Value Boy

What do you have up your sleeve for your love tomorrow??? #getexcited#ValentinesDay

that's his girlfriends last tweet, people thinking she meant to surprise him for valentines day :( so sad.

She probably was setting up some sort of a surprise, he supposedly shot her thinking she was an intruder in the early hours of the morning according to this article: http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Oscar-Pistorius-shoots-girlfriend-reports-20130214

I guess South Africa has a really bad rate of crime, so many people keep weapons in their houses.

I definitely believe it was unintentional that he killed his girlfriend (unless any other developments come), and if thats the case, thats fucking awful, the guilt he'll forever have for that would be worse than any jail time.

She probably was setting up some sort of a surprise, he supposedly shot her thinking she was an intruder in the early hours of the morning according to this article: http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Oscar-Pistorius-shoots-girlfriend-reports-20130214

I guess South Africa has a really bad rate of crime, so many people keep weapons in their houses.

I definitely believe it was unintentional that he killed his girlfriend (unless any other developments come), and if thats the case, thats fucking awful, the guilt he'll forever have for that would be worse than any jail time.

Apparently, he's been involved in other domestic disturbances, so I'm thinking it wasn't an accident. I hope not, but it's not looking good. Either way, it's terrible.

It's a terrible country, I don't understand why white folks still choose to live there. This is what happens when you constantly have to fear for your life, especially if you're white. Rainbow nation my ass.

That's your opinion. As a white South African I can see what you mean. There is lots of negatives in my country but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a terrible country. Coming back to the whole Oscar Pistorius drama. It's not looking good as there are witnesses stating they heard an argument before the shooting. There was supposedly 4 gunshot wounds. 

The Valentines Day surprise thing is bullshit, a rumour which has just spread round the internet. Police said they have no reason to believe that it involved an intruder and that there were also some reports of strange noises that night (and previous reports of domestic issues)

I also think he shot her four times, once in the head too. You don't nail a headshot in the dark as an untrained man with a gun, he must of had significant light and be within reasonably close distance to do that, at least enough to realise it was her.

He has been charged with murder already, that means the evidence must have been overwhelmingly against him...he's a murderer.

The Valentines Day surprise thing is bullshit, a rumour which has just spread round the internet. Police said they have no reason to believe that it involved an intruder and that there were also some reports of strange noises that night (and previous reports of domestic issues)

I also think he shot her four times, once in the head too. You don't nail a headshot in the dark as an untrained man with a gun, he must of had significant light and be within reasonably close distance to do that, at least enough to realise it was her.

He has been charged with murder already, that means the evidence must have been overwhelmingly against him...he's a murderer.

innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

No one is saying there was an intruder, just that he may have mistakenly believed that she was an intruder.

I don't know, I can understand both sides of the argument, I'm sure it will make all become more clear as time goes on.

That's your opinion. As a white South African I can see what you mean. There is lots of negatives in my country but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a terrible country.

I can't think of many redeeming qualities. Terrible crime rates, particularly murder and rape(more than half of women have been raped at least once in their lives, more than half of men don't consider rape a crime; hell even your president is a rapist), thoroughly corrupt political and judicial systems, extreme income disparities between regions, meagre economic development, etc. In a few decades there will be nothing left of all the good things the Apartheid left behind.

I can't think of many redeeming qualities. Terrible crime rates, particularly murder and rape(more than half of women have been raped at least once in their lives, more than half of men don't consider rape a crime; hell even your president is a rapist), thoroughly corrupt political and judicial systems, extreme income disparities between regions, meagre economic development, etc. In a few decades there will be nothing left of all the good things the Apartheid left behind.

I'm sorry, I forgot. You live here. You should know... Cape Town is one of the top 5 tourist destinations in the world. Sure there is problems but what do you expect from a country with such a young democracy. I can't believe you talk about apartheid as if it was a good thing. Because of apartheid white south africans like me (who had nothing to do with apartheid as i'm only 26) should pay the price for the mistakes my forefathers made. White people struggle to get jobs because of affirmative action. That's just something small. There is NOTHING POSITIVE I can say about apartheid. Nelson Mandela for the win!!! 

Sure there is problems but what do you expect from a country with such a young democracy. I can't believe you talk about apartheid as if it was a good thing. Because of apartheid white south africans like me (who had nothing to do with apartheid as i'm only 26) should pay the price for the mistakes my forefathers made. White people struggle to get jobs because of affirmative action. That's just something small. There is NOTHING POSITIVE I can say about apartheid. Nelson Mandela for the win!!! 

I didn't say Apartheid was a good thing. I said they left behind good things, including an infrastructure way above that of any other African nation, a Western education system, a Western political system, a Western economic system and a Western judicial system. These were like gifts from heaven and now they're in a state of decay.

Cape Town is one of the top 5 tourist destinations in the world.

So what? Many poor countries are popular tourist destinations. That's nothing to brag about.

I think its unfair to judge a place you've never actually lived in.  i mean I've heard a lot of terrible things too, but I've never actually been there, and even if I visit I know that my perspective on the place would only be molded by what I saw in my short stay there, those that live there will certainly have a greater and richer understanding.  Oliver will claim the midwest is nothing but farmland, but if you live here, you know its far from that.  Yes there is farmland, but there are also large thriving cities and large towns, unique infrastructure, tourist attractions and everything in between