this just in...no travis on the australian tour

bennett

some real selfish people here. check you all complaining as you sip on your sodas on the sofa, cussing travis out because he's too scared to get on a plain. do you even know what he went through? nope. noone does. but his best friends died. and he almost did. have some sympathy. life isn't all about you.

• Like 2

For $1,000, you can fly to USA or Canada with a seat sale, and end up seeing a show with all 3 of em playing.

What the hell kind of seat sale are you talking about and how can I get in on it? Do you go in the luggage compartment, in a cage like a dog or something?

if flying to australia or vice versa only costed $1000, fuck id be there way more often. unfortunately that is not the reality. pretty sure the cheapest you can get round trip FLIGHT ALONE is like a little over $1,500.

This, but replace "I'd be there more often" with "I'd have been there already."

Also, my sympathies to those of you who have tickets to these shows, particularly everyone who is travelling to them. I've had to travel for a number of shows and I'm always afraid that something will go wrong or it'll be cancelled.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Sasha Pussy Smasher" data-cid="1042043" data-time="1361118508"><p>

some real selfish people here. check you all complaining as you sip on your sodas on the sofa, cussing travis out because he's too scared to get on a plain. do you even know what he went through? nope. noone does. but his best friends died. and he almost did. have some sympathy. life isn't all about you.</p></blockquote>

Nobody here is pissed because he was too scared to fly... Read the topic.

• Like 2

Interesting take on the rehearsal pic, I didn't manage to see that and it appears they shipped their gear over weeks ago. Notice Mark's old Ampeg's he used during Untitled Blink and the plethora of AVA gear that Tom shares with David. As for Travis, it sucks but at the end of the day I always look at Blink as Mark and Tom. Anyone who thinks the shows will be lesser is clearly not the case. You get to see Brooks Wackerman from BAD RELIGION. Who's not going to be excited in that of itself? You'll be looking at Mark and Tom most of the time anyways...

• Like 1

guys I don't think Brooks Wackerman just got hired last minute.

Here's the rehearsal load in picture someone posted a week back or so:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8098/8457438870_aee755ea4a_o.jpg

Being the Travis fanboy I am I was wondering about the drums in the picture looking not so much like Travis setup (2 floor toms in the picture, no giant hoop on the bassdrum). I didn't care for it until now. But I think they might have been rehearsing with Brooks this last week. That's why noone not even their techs posted pictures of the whole rehearsal space or the band rehearsing. Maybe they wanted to keep it a secret so the Australian fans wouldn't freak out.

I'm not saying they were going to play without Travis in the first place. But they had this as a backup plan I guess.

Also give the man a rest. It looks like he's tried everything (the Australian promoter said on twitter he was in therapy and tried medication and so on).

It's not his fault. Still I understand that this is a little fucked up for the people who spent so much money on tickets. I wouldn't pay half the price for blink whithout Travis. The guy is a one man show on the drums.

Good catch.

It isn't Travis's fault necessarily. But Blink or their management  are certainly at fault for improper planning. It is technnically theft by deception. Sell a ticket as Blink 182 and do a show as Blink 182. To rectify the situation they should offer a refund option for those whose paid to see Blink 182, not Tom/Mark with some random drummer.

People who paid $2000 to fly there to see Blink are just dumb. That isn't Blink's fault.

i like how he pretended it was last minute when he hasn't even been rehearsing with them over the past few weeks. if there is something to be mad about, it's the deception that went on.

still though, just be glad you get to see them. they could have easily canceled it all instead.

i like how he pretended it was last minute when he hasn't even been rehearsing with them over the past few weeks. if there is something to be mad about, it's the deception that went on.

I still believe Travis may have freaked out at the airport last minute. I think of the man as being very grateful for his fans and I'm sure he wanted to make it.

I just think they knew there was a good chance this might happen and so they decided to practice with Brooks instead to have him prepared just in case. Travis could pull off all the blink drumlines in his sleep. It's not really necessary for him to be at the practice. It just made more sense to prepare a backup drummer.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="darkarrow" data-cid="1042058" data-time="1361128871"><p>

You people who dropped over a grand on this shit need to fuck off.<br />

Boohoo I threw pieces of green paper at people and they didn't do what I wanted them to do!<br />

<br />

Grow up and realize that there are more important things you fucking retards.</p></blockquote>

Our money isn't paper, you cunt.

• Like 1

either way, i'm excited to hear what they sound like with a different drummer for some reason

Yeah, thats true. I am curious too. I imagine it will just sound like some guy trying to copy what Travis does. A lot like the good youtube covers you see. I am sure he will add a little of his own style to it and change a few things.

if flying to australia or vice versa only costed $1000, fuck id be there way more often. unfortunately that is not the reality. pretty sure the cheapest you can get round trip FLIGHT ALONE is like a little over $1,500.

eff that noise. That's crazy.

And yeah, I stand corrected. Flights aren't as cheap as I thought Internationally.

Brooks is actually a kick-ass drummer. There's no way he's going to try and copy Travis style of drumming.

But it's sad really that Ilan Rubin is touring with Paramore. I'm sure he would've been their first choice being in Ava and having been one of Travis former drum students. THAT I would've really loved to see. I'm a big fan of him.

i still don't see what the big deal is. when Gil filled in for travis on that +44 tour it was awesome to watch the videos to see how the songs changed. travis has a role in picking his fill-in guy. he wouldn't pick someone who can not do the songs justice. he's definitely not just "some bloke" or "a guy trying to copy travis." i think it's cool that they picked brooks. he has a good musical background (http://www.allmusic.com/artist/brooks-wackerman-mn0000937463) and will definitely add something different to the songs.

yes, it was shitty of them to advertise the shows the way they did and for them to cover up the fact that travis may have backed out months ago. but why is this a surprise to anyone? that's how blink works. they are the fucking shadiest band i've ever followed. and if anything, this was extremely predictable based on their past.

• Like 1

Brooks is actually a kick-ass drummer. There's no way he's going to try and copy Travis style of drumming.

But it's sad really that Ilan Rubin is touring with Paramore. I'm sure he would've been their first choice being in Ava and having been one of Travis former drum students. THAT I would've really loved to see. I'm a big fan of him.

Didn't even think about Ilan doing the tour with them, that's a really good point, he probably would of been their first choice.

Thats really unfortunate.  But I can't blame him, I can't even imagine living through what he did, and then being forced to fly again.  I'd probably be the same way.  Is it cowardly?  Maybe, but I just wouldn't care, if you have a phobia, you have a phobia, and living through what he did, legitimized that phobia, no question.