Books

Pussay Patrol

Yo, anybody here read much?

I used to read all the time but I haven't read a book in 3 or 4 years now and want to get back into it. I have a fantasy series by Ian Irvine that I'm trying to start but also looking for something else as it hasn't quite got me. I mainly like fantasy, nothing non fiction. My favourite books have been the typical big name fantasy series like Harry Potter, Eragon and A Series Of Unfortunate Events. Anyone got some suggestions? Or just general book discussion...

I mostly read nonfiction. Currently reading Schwarzenegger's autobiography and some university physics book (for fun!).

Read The Stand by Stephen King. Great Villain, and some craaaazy whacked out nonsense happens. But if you're just starting reading then that book will be overwhelming most likely. That's why i have an audible account.

The Stand is awesome. I read it shortly after seeing the miniseries (back in 2000) and I loved the fact that I already had faces and voices for all the characters. I think the book and the series are quite complementary.

I'm a huge political thriller guy, so I love all Baldacci, Meltzer, and stuff like that. Also whatever Grisham writes.

If you're into Sci-Fi, read Replay by Ken Grimwood. It's got a cult following and one of my favorite books of all time. Seriously, everyone should read it.

You also might like the Pendragon series.

Anyone know of any books that are pseudo-reflective? I want to read books around the mindset of "Into The Wild"?

Into the Wild addresses the issues of how to be accepted into society, and how finding yourself sometimes conflicts with being an active member in society. [12] Most critics agree that Chris McCandless left to find some sort of enlightenment.[12][13] [14] [15] He also tries to find his way in the wild with as little material possessions because “it made the journey more enjoyable.†[16] [17][18] His taking risks to extremes was eventually his hubris which led to his downfall.

I don't read that much and I want to start.

I read non fiction most the time.

Biohazard by Ken Alibek is really good.  

He is a Soviet defector who was in charge of running their biological weapons program.

That's one of my favorite books too. It was pretty mindblowing to read how vast the Soviet bioweapons program was while the West had nothing like that (even though the Soviets were convinced they did).

• 10 months later...

I'm currently reading a couple of things. A month or so ago I was given a digital copy of the Harvard Classics and it's awesome, it's got all the classic literature and I would recommend it to anyone into that sort of thing. I also started People's History by Zinn and I'm most of the way through Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. This thread seemed a little dead, I figured I'd resuscitate it.

I started reading Stephen kings dark tower series. Didn't realise how long it is haha. Ah well. It's not bad.

You'll enjoy the hell out of them until the 6th and 7th books. You'll understand why when you get there. They are still good, just not the same. There are actually two endings, the second ending is better. If it isn't printed in the book find it online. You'll like it better.

Dun Dun Dun....