Books

Pussay Patrol

Has any one read any of Chuck Palahnuik's novels, (Fight Club, Lullaby, Choke...) I love his writing its pretty twisted but thier fun reads

He's my favorite. His books are so twisted, but he's amazing. Anytime I start a book of his I'm done within a few days, may have to pick up a few new ones...or reread all his old stuff I have.

I tried to throw in a video of Palahniuk reading Guts. So fucked up. It's on YouTube if anyone is interested. I'd love to see him read aloud, somedayyy.

• Like 1

He's my favorite. His books are so twisted, but he's amazing. Anytime I start a book of his I'm done within a few days, may have to pick up a few new ones...or reread all his old stuff I have.

I tried to throw in a video of Palahniuk reading Guts. So fucked up. It's on YouTube if anyone is interested. I'd love to see him read aloud, somedayyy.

here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYHLpEEz_8g

• Like 1

I read lullaby in one sitting, the only one i havent liked so far was Pygmy, it gave me a headache trying to read the way he wrote it in broken english,

But im in too a lot of crime novels like james patterson, grisham, connelly, i like the jack reacher books alot too, and the hollywood station books are awesome cop novels

• 1 month later...

I'm currently reading Swan Song, it's alright but it took about 100 pages or so to get interesting. I planned on 11/22/63 next by King but I'm back and forth on it. I think I might start back on this book about the Alamo that I picked up a while ago or maybe even the Divine Comedy. I'm not sure. You guys reading anything interesting these days?

Yeah dude do, and the most important thing is to stick with it, because he lays out all these strings and then only really ties them together at the end.

I picked it up tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

I also picked up a book on conspiracy theories of the Titanic, Hitler and the Occult and A Brief History of Time!

• 4 months later...

Started the Game of Thrones books and Big Bang by Simon Singh. Game of Thrones is a pretty quick read and better than I ever actually thought it would be and Big Bang I expected to be a little more challenging. I think after this I'm gonna finish the Lonesome Dove series I started a year or so ago and then back to the Harvard Classics.

I forgot what a brilliant writer Malorie Blackman was, I've just started rereading "Stuff of Nightmares".

Started the Game of Thrones books and Big Bang by Simon Singh. Game of Thrones is a pretty quick read and better than I ever actually thought it would be and Big Bang I expected to be a little more challenging. I think after this I'm gonna finish the Lonesome Dove series I started a year or so ago and then back to the Harvard Classics.

I love the Game of Thrones books, but I never found them a quick or enjoyable read. Don't get me wrong, the story is great and the world and history he's created is detailed and amazing but I always saw it as one of those books you trudge through to see what happens.

^I'm just starting a Feast for Crows and my god is it hard to get into. Mainly because it's a bunch of new characters, and it's very disconnected from everything that's happened thus far. 

Feast is really fucking boring, unless you like cercei or jamie. it's made better purely by the fact that the next book is almost entirely Jon, Tyrion and Dany