Books

Pussay Patrol

At this point, Bran and Arya's stories intrigue me the most, with Jon and Tyrion as the the next most interesting. Dany is great and everything but I feel like her storyline is still very far away from making an impact in the politics of the storyline, she's just so far away from everyone and her dragons still aren't grown up. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Read these over the summer:

Money - Martin Amis - Kind of like a British take on American Psycho without the mindless murder, and not so consumer ridden. Top book though, unadulterated descriptions of the depravity of the movie business, but also featuring a protagonist I could relate to in so far as he's about as British as they come. Great descriptions of both London and New York, and it was fun noticing places I'd been to.

One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez - Well this goes without saying, one of the best books I've ever read. So descriptive, so poignant, so touching, so insightful, so magical. Everything you could need is in this book. Love, hate, war, peace, gypsies, wizards, murder, incest - but it's all so damn beautiful. One you must read!

The Trial - Franz Kafka - Strange book...I literally just put it down about 15 minutes ago. The crime is never revealed, nor does the protagonist know what it is. It's a strange allegory I think, but for what? I'm not sure. Really well written, and certainly creepy in the way that only Kafka can be creepy.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty Little Killers, about the murder of Skylar Neese. I've been obsessed with the case for two years now, so the book is kind of a conclusion. In any case, from my obsessed perspective the book is flawed, even amateurish at times, but still well worth reading, especially if the material is all new to you.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I'm 75% through Travis Barker's book ... too bored to finish; for the most part it's boring. I don't care about the women ge fucked, drugs he did or whatever else he did. I was interested in the Blink shit and it it wasn't as tell all as I had hoped and its written like a 7th grade essay. Done.

I started a book on the Enfield Haunting and then decided to read Timeline. Anyone else pick up anything good lately?

I started 1984 recently. I really need to break this habit of not finishing books though.

I tried reading Lovecraft's book of short horror stories (mountains of madness, Cthullu, etc.) and I pretty much need my phone to decipher every other word. You definitely learn some new vocabulary but it really make it a chore to read. That or a thesaurus.

• 2 months later...