Books

Pussay Patrol

• 1 month later...

Tonight I started The Yale Shakespeare. It's his complete works the book stands about a foot and a half tall, a foot wide and 6 inches thick. 1520 pages. I don't think I'll ever finish this thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/5/2016 at 1:50 PM, Rick Sanchez said:

Just picked up Dune recently, going to read that once I finish GoT. Haven't read a good sci-fi book in god knows how long. 

I tried Dune once when I was younger, I couldn't get into it. Have you started yet?

On 1.7.2016 at 1:52 AM, Speedo said:

Reading the Bible now ... soooo fucking boring. 

I read the Quran recently and it was even more boring because at least half of the material is just repeating stuff from the Bible.

• 8 months later...
On July 1, 2016 at 3:53 PM, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

I tried Dune once when I was younger, I couldn't get into it. Have you started yet?

Just finished it recently. It was pretty good but definitely overhyped. It's kind of told like a play, where most of the action is off stage and it's driven by dialogue instead. But they're remaking it into a movie again with a highly touted sci-fi director (can't remember his name, he did Arrival), should be cool to see.

I just got a Kindle and downloaded the Wheel of Time series, the Dark Tower series, and the King Killer Chronicles. Really stoked to get back into reading again now that I'm finished school.

I like Dune a lot!

Also Casey, the dark tower series is really good. Stephen King is great at more than just horror. It takes a bit of time to get through, but I hope you enjoy it! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dark Tower is amazing but I feel the last 3 books King wrote (5-7, not Wind Through Keyhole) were a step down from the first four. I'm all about meta-fiction but I didn't like a certain controversial decision King made in books 6 and 7 and hinted at in the end of book 5. Plus I thought the books were written in haste whereas the first 4 books had years, even decades, in between where King could stir his ideas and really take care of the writing.

I know King getting hit by a truck or semi or whatever it was had a lot of trauma on King mentally and physically, but I just wish the idea didn't dominate the backend of the series.

King has extensively said he didn't know the ending to DT for years and years, but I feel whatever original idea he was maybe unknowingly working towards in the first 4 books was shattered when he got hit by the truck and Wolves of Calla, Song of Susannah and Dark Tower were the final 3 books we got instead.

Still a great series. Anxious to see how the movies will turn out but I'm not holding my breath.

I liked Wolves, Song and Dark Tower could have been better .... haven't read Wind yet. I have it, just haven't gotten around to it.

I hated King being in the books the first time I read through them but I didn't mind it the second or third time.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kay said:

I'm reading Lolita and it makes me feel sick but I'm still reading it. it's a very weird book to bounce to after Stephen King's "Christine" though. 

Both are wilds reads tbh. In very different ways.

46 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Both are wilds reads tbh. In very different ways.

I went on holiday to a village in Wales recently thats basically known as the town of books. its full of book shops and very little else, when we went I bought like 8 or 9 books and I was trying to be reserved about it. I've read 3 of them so far, this is the fourth, and I only went mid february haha. they've all been very addictive for wildly different reasons. the one that got me the most so far though is The Long Way From A Small Angry Planet, I loved it so much I bought the sequel as soon as I put it down. 

13 minutes ago, Kay said:

I went on holiday to a village in Wales recently thats basically known as the town of books. its full of book shops and very little else, when we went I bought like 8 or 9 books and I was trying to be reserved about it. I've read 3 of them so far, this is the fourth, and I only went mid february haha. they've all been very addictive for wildly different reasons. the one that got me the most so far though is The Long Way From A Small Angry Planet, I loved it so much I bought the sequel as soon as I put it down. 

I've never heard of that book. Looking it up now. It's been a while since I've read a good book.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just finished the first book of the Wheel of Time series (The Eye of the World). It was pretty solid, but I heard a lot of hype going into it, so my expectations were really high and it was a bit disappointing. It's really similar to Lord of the Rings, so if you like that, you'd love this book. It's also being turned into a TV series soon. 

On 1/31/2016 at 10:15 PM, Speedo said:

Re-started The Divine Comedy tonight, last time I got wrapped up in another book and never got the chance the keep up with it.

The same exact fucking think happened again ... I'm never going to actually read this. I'm such a piece of shit failure. I should just fucking kill myself. I deserve to die, I hate me.

• Sad 2