Books

Pussay Patrol

If you’re into science fiction, I recommend Sum by David Eagleman. It’s a collection of short stories (more like vignettes), each of which presents a different conception of the afterlife. It’s a quick read and also fun and thought-provoking.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nasa said:

If you’re into science fiction, I recommend Sum by David Eagleman. It’s a collection of short stories (more like vignettes), each of which presents a different conception of the afterlife. It’s a quick read and also fun and thought-provoking.

Sounds fantastic. I’ll check it out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I definitely recommend those two books below (especially if the 90s Britpop scene is your jam!) 

• "Lunch With The Wild Frontiers" by Phill Savidge (from the point of view from a music publicist that worked with The Verve, Elastica, Suede, Pulp amongst other bands).
  • Oasis The Truth by Tony McCarroll (who was the original drummer of Oasis and the drummer on "Definitely Maybe" who gives an insight on the beggining and early days of the band up until him being fired of the band).
  • Like 2

On 3/22/2022 at 10:24 PM, Thibaut182 said:

I definitely recommend those two books below (especially if the 90s Britpop scene is your jam!) 

• "Lunch With The Wild Frontiers" by Phill Savidge (from the point of view from a music publicist that worked with The Verve, Elastica, Suede, Pulp amongst other bands).
  • Oasis The Truth by Tony McCarroll (who was the original drummer of Oasis and the drummer on "Definitely Maybe" who gives an insight on the beggining and early days of the band up until him being fired of the 

I've been following Mark on goodreads for years and he recently recommended "Bit of a blur" by Alex James, the bassist of Blur. I haven't read it yet, but I'm sure it's right up our alley, Thibaut. 

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Speedo said:

I started The Game of Thrones books, finished the first one a few days ago and working on the second now. In case anyone is wondering, Bran sucks in the books as well.

What did you think?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 4:14 PM, Nasa said:

What did you think?

A little over half through the second book now and it’s been so good. I’m starting to dread finishing these books now knowing there will probably never be an end to the story.

• Love 1

If you're a massive fan of MTV and when they used to play music videos, I definitely recommend this book

I Want My MTV by Craig Marks and Mark Tannenbaum

It is a very long book (more than 600 pages) but it focuses on the rise of the channel and puts a spotlight on a ton of music videos (the book focuses on the period from 1981 to 1992).

There are more than 400 people that were interviewed for this book (including artists, music video directors and staff that worked at MTV).

9 hours ago, Mr. Texas said:

A little over half through the second book now and it’s been so good. I’m starting to dread finishing these books now knowing there will probably never be an end to the story.

now you understand how so many of us feel!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Game of Thrones books are still in the process of being read by me … I made the mistake of buying the Kindle collection and it just lumps all the books together. I believe I’m on book 4 now but I’d be lying if I said I was sure about that. It’s a good read but, god damn, they go on and on.

12 hours ago, Speedo said:

Game of Thrones books are still in the process of being read by me … I made the mistake of buying the Kindle collection and it just lumps all the books together. I believe I’m on book 4 now but I’d be lying if I said I was sure about that. It’s a good read but, god damn, they go on and on.

The pacing gets worse after A Storm of Swords. Can't imagine how The Winds of Winter will feel if it ever comes out, haha.

30 minutes ago, Nasa said:

The pacing gets worse after A Storm of Swords. Can't imagine how The Winds of Winter will feel if it ever comes out, haha.

It’s just a lot of shit from a ton of different point of views and every damn chapter ends on a cliff hanger.

13 hours ago, Speedo said:

I read the first two, but the show situation pretty much ruined it. And then knowing he will never finish it.. You read all those books, get super into it, and by the time you finish Martin will either die or enough time will pass that you forget everything you read.