Books

Pussay Patrol

13 minutes ago, Mufasa said:

I haven’t read a book in an embarrassing amount of time. Just bought “Atomic Habits.” Hoping it can push me to be more productive and make better decisions. Anyone here ever read that one? 

Haven't heard of it! But i'm skeptical if it's super moralistic and shit. But if it can push you into becoming your-best-self, maybe it's a good idea! If it's counterproductive and makes you feel ashamed of your habits, its probably not.

Just now, thongrider said:

Haven't heard of it! But i'm skeptical if it's super moralistic and shit. But if it can push you into becoming your-best-self, maybe it's a good idea!

Na it’s not a moralistic book, I think it just has more to do with neuropathways and forming habits 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thongrider said:

I'm currently reading 4321 by Paul Auster. Long book, but great so far!

Paul Auster is such a great author, I've read almost all his books but not this one. My favorites are Leviathan, The Brooklyn Follies and Moon Palace. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

Paul Auster is such a great author, I've read almost all his books but not this one. My favorites are Leviathan, The Brooklyn Follies and Moon Palace. 

This is the first book I read of his! I will probably read others after!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I finished Blindsight recently, was one of the more unique sci fi alien first encounter stories. It is based more on biological implications than anything else. I only found out after finishing it that the author went to the same university as me and has a PhD in zoology. It was a fairly dense book in terms of fully grasping the concepts at play.

I’m about midway through Death’s End, which I’m alternating with Passport to Magonia and Shogun. Really enjoying all of these books for completely different reasons. 

• Like 1

Going through Dune again after taking a break halfway through years ago. It's funny how terms and names are much easier to understand now when I had trouble with them in the past. I guess a lot has been through discussion osmosis and seeing the movies 😅

I have Dune Messiah ordered for when I finish this one.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, allsystemsgo said:

Going through Dune again after taking a break halfway through years ago. It's funny how terms and names are much easier to understand now when I had trouble with them in the past. I guess a lot has been through discussion osmosis and seeing the movies 😅

I have Dune Messiah ordered for when I finish this one.

I'm going to start a reread through God Emperor again soon. I expect to get even more out of it the second time through now that it won't be so overwhelming to keep track of

• Like 1