6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Damn I was just coming in here to tell you I started Lonesome Dove and am in love. I'm actually glad I saw the TV miniseries first because I was already in love with those characters. Now I see that they were faithful to the book and it's like getting major bonus content.

We haven't even left Lonesome Dove where I'm at (~100 pages deep) and I already consider this an American classic.

Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

Are you planning to read the others as well? There are a few ways to read them ... the order the books were written:

Lonesome Dove (1985)
Streets of Laredo (1993)
Dead Man's Walk (1995)
Comanche Moon (1997)

The second is chronological order:
Dead Man's Walk – set in the early 1840s
Comanche Moon – set in the 1850–60s
Lonesome Dove – set in mid-to-late 1870s
Streets of Laredo – set in the early 1890s

You'll find there are some continuity issues between the books, some events happen differently depending on which one you read but they didn't ruin the stories for me.

Personally, my favorite is Dead Man's Walk.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually bought this around the time I posted it but only just started reading it this week. 

Here is my reading list for the year! Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The same exact fucking think happened again ... I'm never going to actually read this. I'm such a piece of shit failure. I should just fucking kill myself. I deserve to die, I hate me.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Are you planning to read the others as well? There are a few ways to read them ... the order the books were written:

Lonesome Dove (1985)
Streets of Laredo (1993)
Dead Man's Walk (1995)
Comanche Moon (1997)

The second is chronological order:
Dead Man's Walk – set in the early 1840s
Comanche Moon – set in the 1850–60s
Lonesome Dove – set in mid-to-late 1870s
Streets of Laredo – set in the early 1890s

You'll find there are some continuity issues between the books, some events happen differently depending on which one you read but they didn't ruin the stories for me.

Personally, my favorite is Dead Man's Walk.

Do Dead Man's Walk and Comanche Moon have Gus in them? I am, and always have been, a Gus stan. Streets of Laredo probably interests me the least

16 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Do Dead Man's Walk and Comanche Moon have Gus in them? I am, and always have been, a Gus stan. Streets of Laredo probably interests me the least

Yeah, he's in both of those ... he is only missing from SoL.

• 5 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Speedo said:

@Ghent did you get around to the other Lonesome Dove books?

I’m still on the first actually, about 3/4 through. Had to take a break as I was on vacation. Just read a bunch last night actually

• Like 1