RIP Blink ... you're now officially Sell Outs!

duderanch70

im not justifying the merch prices at all, but blink plays massive venues. massive venues have massive fees. that includes taking a good chunk out of the band's merch sales. if they didn't take a cut of the merch, i'd assume it would be much cheaper. regardless, their merch designs are shit and made of the world's shittiest material.

if anything, blink "sold out" during the enema/toypaj era when they wrote songs specifically to get airplay and money. but that's how must of us became fans, i guess.

im not justifying the merch prices at all, but blink plays massive venues. massive venues have massive fees. that includes taking a good chunk out of the band's merch sales. if they didn't take a cut of the merch, i'd assume it would be much cheaper. regardless, their merch designs are shit and made of the world's shittiest material.

if anything, blink "sold out" during the enema/toypaj era when they wrote songs specifically to get airplay and money. but that's how must of us became fans, i guess.

I don't think the venue takes any money from merchandise. The band doesn't pay the venue anything. They get a guarenteed amount to show up. The promoter pays the costs and depending on how the show sells they could turn a profit or take a loss. The promoter takes the risk. The band has no risk.

And guess what? I bet Travis is getting paid for these shows. It's called insurance.

I don't think the venue takes any money from merchandise. The band doesn't pay the venue anything. They get a guarenteed amount to show up. The promoter pays the costs and depending on how the show sells they could turn a profit or take a loss. The band has no risk.

And guess what? I bet Travis is getting paid for these shows. It's called insurance.

i know for a fact that there are venues that take a percentage of what is earned from merch sales. i have friends who not only work at theatre sized venues, but ones who have worked at merch booths for larger bands on tour. a simple google search will prove that there are venues that do this. i've also seen a few bands more than once on the same tour and observed the price of a tshirt increase from $20 to $35 the next night. and these weren't even arenas or amphitheatres.

You should care because it directly influences their band and their music.

Well, Enema, TOYPAJ and Selftitled were pretty good albums, and they were sell outs too back then. I like Blink because of their music, and just their personalities, they're funny and put me in a good mood. If you get frustrated about other things like the prices of t-shirt etc - well, don't know what else to say than that sucks for you. You could try and just don't give a fuck and don't buy the t-shirts if you think they're too expensive, you'll be more happier if you don't get mad all the time about everything Blink does wrong.

Because, who is the idiot in the end? Blink for asking high prices or people complaining about it but still buying their merchandising?

To me, the reason why Blink is dead is because of Angels and fucking Airwaves. For Tom, Blinks just a cash cow for a project that has failed some time ago.

But in the end, we could argue time after time again about the same stuff, but I chose not to, it's not worth it. If you like the music, listen to it. If you want the t-shirts, buy them. If you don't like em anymore, just dont listen to Blink and dont visit the forums. That's just my two cents lol.

LOL, I can go to a store here and get a Blink poster for $5-$10. But I know the "latest and greatest offical tour merh" is definitely worth that extra $35. :roll:

That entire booth is for retards and kids with parents money.

Oliver. You're calling some of the board members retards. A moderator should know better. Get your shit together.

• Like 2

LOL, I can go to a store here and get a Blink poster for $5-$10. But I know the "latest and greatest offical tour merh" is definitely worth that extra $35. :roll:

That entire booth is for retards and kids with parents money.

The posters you get for $5-10 are that shitty glossy paper with a mass produced photo of the band, not custom designed by an artist on high quality paper that is limited to your show. There's a big difference.

The minimum wage in Australia is $16/hr. Comparing prices between there and the US, where the minimum wage is something like $7.50/hr, is ludicrous. All band merch in Australia, especially at big venues, is around the same price. I think I've seen a $30 t shirt once, whereas $35-40 is normal.

This right here. There is a higher cost of living in AZ, and therefore a higher minimum wage. You have to remember that these prices aren't listed in the US dollar, either.