Travis/Soundwave Dude Twitter Fight

Ghent

I've not posted much here, so my opinion probably won't mean a lot to most of you. However, just to vent here's my 2 pence.

I don't understand how Travis couldn't be there. They planned the Australian shows a while back and Travis says he cannot make it because the boat schedules didn't match with their schedule.

He had plenty of time to get on a boat and make his way there.

I think they left it to the last minute to tell everyone so it didn't hurt sales - and I feel bad for the Australian fans. 

This argument on twitter; I simply don't know what to believe. I can see Travis still getting money from the tour and Wackerman getting a fraction, anyway!

How do we know they knew for 12 months? I don't think they knew for 12 months, but I think they knew for a pretty long time. Brooke's drumming is really good. That doesn't happen over night even if you are a good drummer. He has been rehearsing with Blink for awhile. This wasn't a last minute deal.

They obviously kept it quiet so ticket sales wouldn't suffer. They lied. They hoodwinked the promoter and they fucked their fans. They have no fucking respect for their position. It's all about the fucking business. It really is sad that something so great has to be ruined by business. Scott Raynor was right "Music became music business and I wasn't ready to play the game".

• Like 1

Yes Travis said the fill in has been practising for 12 months, have a look at the statement Travis released on instagram, its been deleted now, but a google search should bring it up.

Thats fucked up.

So it was also a total lie that he couldn't get on a boat too. They promoted it as a full band to their fans and to the promoter knowing damn well it wasn't going to happen. What a bunch of bullshit if that is true.

Thats fucked up.

So it was also a total lie that he couldn't get on a boat too. They promoted it as a full band to their fans and to the promoter knowing damn well it wasn't going to happen. What a bunch of bullshit if that is true.

Yes, it is kinda fucked up that they did that to us just for more money... I don't know if the boat was a lie, he said it didn't fit in with his schedule... I'm not sure why it couldn't be scheduled in? Probably didn't want to go on a boat for a month there and then back, which is understandable, however would have been nice for them to just tell us from the start that Travis was not coming.

I've not posted much here, so my opinion probably won't mean a lot to most of you. However, just to vent here's my 2 pence.

I don't understand how Travis couldn't be there. They planned the Australian shows a while back and Travis says he cannot make it because the boat schedules didn't match with their schedule.

He had plenty of time to get on a boat and make his way there.

I think they left it to the last minute to tell everyone so it didn't hurt sales - and I feel bad for the Australian fans. 

This argument on twitter; I simply don't know what to believe. I can see Travis still getting money from the tour and Wackerman getting a fraction, anyway!

No, it matters.

I have so much love for my fans. I get on a 7 day boat ride to go to Europe across the fucking Atlantic and 7 days back once a year. If they would’ve scheduled Australia around a boat schedule I would’ve made it. They didn’t though. They also didn’t schedule enough time to get from gig to gig without flying so I was forced not to go. A drummer had already been given the songs to learn more than a year ago. They hoped I could’ve got tan on a flight again but that’s likely not gonna happen as of now. Maybe one day. Not gonna get drugged up to get on a plane when I’m completely sober now. PMA and love to those who get it and understand, I appreciate you. Big bag a dicks to who don’t… Peace

I have so much love for my fans. I get on a 7 day boat ride to go to Europe across the fucking Atlantic and 7 days back once a year. If they would’ve scheduled Australia around a boat schedule I would’ve made it. They didn’t though. They also didn’t schedule enough time to get from gig to gig without flying so I was forced not to go. A drummer had already been given the songs to learn more than a year ago. They hoped I could’ve got tan on a flight again but that’s likely not gonna happen as of now. Maybe one day. Not gonna get drugged up to get on a plane when I’m completely sober now. PMA and love to those who get it and understand, I appreciate you. Big bag a dicks to who don’t… Peace

Fuck him. People are suppose to accept being lied to.

Its fine if he can't go. But they lied the entire time.

Wait, wait, wait this is the full story----------

"I wasn't going as of last year. They already had a full in drummer scheduled LAST SUMMER. I don't fly. I love Australia but eat a dick if you can't understand all of this.Til you've been in a plane crash ,65 % of your body burnt and lost three friends keep your fucking mouthshut. I have much love for my fans. I get on a 7 day boat ride to go to Europe across the fucking Atlantic and 7 days back once a year. If they would've scheduled Australia around a boat schedule I would've made it. They didn't though. They also didn't schedule enough time to get from gig to gig without flying so I was in a way forced not to go. A drummer had already been given the songs to learn almost a year ago. They hoped I could've gotten on a flight again but that's likely not gonna happen as of now. Maybe one day. Not gonna get drugged up to get on a plane when I'm completely sober now. PMA and love to those who get it and understand, I appreciate you . Big bag a dicks to those who don't....Peace~ -travisbarker"

Yes Travis said the fill in has been practising for 12 months, have a look at the statement Travis released on instagram, its been deleted now, but a google search should bring it up.

I don't understand how that is a problem. Obviously it was the right call to have a backup plan. Otherwise they'd have had to cancel the entire tour, in which case the shitstorm would've been only bigger.

• Like 1

I don't understand how that is a problem. Obviously it was the right call to have a backup plan. Otherwise they'd have had to cancel the entire tour, in which case the shitstorm would've been only bigger.

Yes it's good to have a backup, but he knew very well he was never coming, and they kept promoting it saying he was, I think he even said he was flying qantas because they are the safest airline... But they lied to us this whole time, should have just told us he was never coming the whole time.

In reality though, who cares? A drummer is replaceable, even if you're Travis Barker and have nothing to say 90% of the time anyway. I'm willing to bet a good chunk of those in attendance won't even notice it's not the normal drummer. Now if they had to replace Mark or Tom, they'd be in some trouble. 

I'm not excusing it, it just seems like a lot of you are overreacting because you don't seem to remember that at a Blink show, people like us who take the time out of the day to discuss this type of thing are a total minority in that audience. It's about the music. If it sounds great, who cares? Is Travis going to get a cut? Most definitely because out of the 3 of them, he's really the only member of the band being recognized as proficient at their instrument. He helped build the brand name of Blink just as much as the other two and has every right to expect some form of compensation, even though he's not at the show. Maybe not $1.5m. But something. 

• Like 1