Brooks Wackerman should be the new blink drummer.

Ghent

Brooks Wackerman?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be down with Brooks Wackerman replacing Travis (drama free)?

• yes
    • no

To me they seemed like best buddies more than any videos I've seen since the reunion, but I just figured those videos didn't show enough of the banter. Like occasionally they'd just talk for like 4 minutes between a song lol.

They were making shitloads of jokes and laughing at each other all the time.

Before seeing them without Travis I'd disagree with this topic, but having seen them and it still being great I wouldn't really care, could be a nice change, but I don't think it needs to happen either.

where is your sig from?

I don't think it matters too much either way, Travis is still a boss drummer. Although I would be wary that although Brooks can play Travis parts...would he be able to write them himself?

That photo in your sig does look a lot more natural than Travis, like he looks more Mark and Tom than Travis does but I suppose you never judge a book by its cover.

I don't think it matters too much either way, Travis is still a boss drummer. Although I would be wary that although Brooks can play Travis parts...would he be able to write them himself?

That photo in your sig does look a lot more natural than Travis, like he looks more Mark and Tom than Travis does but I suppose you never judge a book by its cover.

good point 

I think it should be a joint venture.  Travis should record in the studio, he really does bring a lot to the sound and has a drum style that's truly his own.  Travis should also tour North America as that wont require flying.  

Internationally however, I think Brooks should be their permanent touring drummer.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what we see from here on out.  And that includes Europe.  

Well, I don't know how Travis sees blink. I don't know him and I'll ignore that side of the story. But to me it's pretty clear that the real boost for blink was when Travis joined the band. It all was, faster and bigger in terms of sound. Really accurate and a very imoprtant piece on that blink puzzle. I tihnk he has A LOT to do on the progression of blink's sound, specially on the bones of the songs: the rhythm section. I can't see Untitled as big as it was without travis being involved.

And of course, THAT sound and drum writting on EOTS and TOYPAJ, that was huge. Also, in Neighborhoods there are a lot of great spots. So to me this makes no sense.

Part of blink's claim to fame is having one of the greatest drummers in the band.  Brooks is great too, he can do what Travis has done, but can he create music to what Mark and Tom do the way that Travis does?  I really doubt it, after all they've had years working together now, they know each other better than any other drummer does.  Imagine how much longer Neighborhoods would have taken to put together if they were mailing it back and forth with a drummer who wasn't so in sync with Mark and Tom's writing styles.  

Anyway, its not gonna happen.  Why would Travis leave his greatest paying job?  

Why would Travis leave his greatest paying job?  

but why'd he stay when he doesn't care about it at all?

(edit: it kind of reminds me the lines of emo: "why leave when you claim it is love? but why stay when you're not the only one?" well, at least the structure is similar.)

I'm against removing Travis, unless there is shit happening behind the scenes and Tom and Mark don't want him in the band anymore.

The point about him not fitting the style anymore and being too into rap and not repping Blink enough is moot.  

Mark and Tom both do not fit the style of what Blink used to be.  Mark loves his indie, Tom loves his spacey corny stadium rock; all the members have diversified their styles and no longer solely belong to punk/pop-punk.  So people shouldn't hold that against Travis.

Then there's the argument that he doesn't care enough about Blink anymore.  We witnessed the same thing with Tom and him prioritizing AvA over Blink, yet you guys never suggested removing him from the band (he's more significant to the band, but still).  

His drumming still really fits the band IMO and he makes the songs better.  Was listening to a bit of Neighborhoods today, and as already mentioned, a lot of songs stand out because his drumming fits the mould so well.  Wishing Well, Natives, This is Home, Up All Night, Even If She Falls, etc. are all perfectly complimented by Travis.  That's all that matters in my books. 

• Like 1

Actually I was all for Mark and Travis taking the blink name and leaving Tom with AvA back when I thought Tom didn't give a fuck.

I just feel like something's holding blink back from being amazing again but I just can't put my finger on it.

ive felt that travis doesnt fit in blink anymore for ages. right after untitled was finished, seemed like he was more in to rap. which is fine, and it seemed like he outgrew the entire blink pop/punk stage. but he must obviously still like it if he still does it.

This is by far the worst topic I have ever wasted time reading. Who the fuck cares what Travis does on his own time or what different genres of music he's into (this coming from someone who absolutely hates rap). If it weren't for him blink would have been a generic pop/punk band, at least from a drummers point of view. If anything how about someone makes a "insert name here" should replace Tom topic. You know, someone who can sing and isn't way past their prime. End of rant....blink for life!