My first time thread

Aria

• 6 months later...

At first I thought they were just another dumb, fake boy band (had only seen the All the Small Things video) and disregarded them.  Then one day, I was at my cousin's house and Dammit came on the radio.  It immediately caught my ear and I was like damn this is a good song.  Looked at who was playing- Blink-182.  Went home, listened to Dude Ranch and the rest is history.

• 3 months later...

1996. I was 12 (couple months shy of 13). I heard "Carousel" at a local skate spot. I was skateboarding with my friends when another group we didn't know showed up but they were cool. We were all skating/hanging out listening to some punk, I forget who I think it was The Offspring, when one of them asked if he could put a CD in our boom box. Yeah sure man. It was Cheshire Cat. I was hooked the moment I heard that bass solo intro and went and bought the CD the next day.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 11/8/2018 at 11:22 AM, Bucko said:

My first time was pretty standard really, used a condom.

My first time I banged a chubby girl and did not use a condom. I was so so so paranoid I had gotten her pregnant and that people would find out I banged her. thankfully that did not end up being the case lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Idk why this appears to be bumped, but the most recent post is from Sept? 

Anyway...did anyone else get some little booklet order forms with pages full of movie & cds on stamps? They were to tear out & stamp on the “order” section in the appropriate place. I can’t for the life of me remember what they were called, but if you bought x amount you usually got 2 or 3 free.... well, that’s how my mom would shop for the holidays. Here kids, pick out a few movies from this booklet & a few cds from this booklet & you’ll probably (definitely) get them for Christmas. 

I had heard Blink on the radio & a few of the “nerdy” but absolutely hilarious girls in my grade liked them....so I decided that’d be a great cd to try. My mom didn’t like the look of it, but I made sure not to play it around her so it wouldn’t get taken away. I was 11 going on 12 when I got EOTS for Christmas & I fell in love. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2019 at 2:09 PM, heater said:

Anyway...did anyone else get some little booklet order forms with pages full of movie & cds on stamps? They were to tear out & stamp on the “order” section in the appropriate place. I can’t for the life of me remember what they were called, but if you bought x amount you usually got 2 or 3 free.... well, that’s how my mom would shop for the holidays. Here kids, pick out a few movies from this booklet & a few cds from this booklet & you’ll probably (definitely) get them for Christmas. 

I remember these and Disney still has them. no clue what they're actually called..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I remember these and Disney still has them. no clue what they're actually called..

Someone referenced them the other day by name & it’s gone from my brain again already. 😂 

A quick google just helped me....Columbia House! That’s how I got all the good music when I was little. 

4 hours ago, heater said:

Someone referenced them the other day by name & it’s gone from my brain again already. 😂 

A quick google just helped me....Columbia House! That’s how I got all the good music when I was little. 

Sounds right, during the mid 90s my sister signed up for one of CD clubs and got like 12 CDs for a penny, and was underage so she didn’t have to actually pay. Insane but hey we got Green Day’s Insomniac for basically free.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YRh8APmbjG8

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Not sure I'll ever remember the exact day/moment I first heard Blink, but it was Dammit and somewhere between the Dude Ranch/Dammit release in summer 97 and before I saw Can't Hardly Wait which was before like August 98. I did watch Dawson's Creek in Jan of 98 with Dammit in the one episode, but I researched the whole series a few years after that, so I can't remember now if I remember hearing Dammit from just the second viewing or the initial one.