my chemical romance have broken up

bennett

They were miles ahead of their contemporaries in terms of songwriting and musicianship and they deserve so much more credit. Unfortunately I never got to see them live. That time I tried to do it, I went to a festival but a tornado happened right before they hit the stage.

Sad picture to prove it:

ansa_10615144_58350.jpg

• Wow 1

• 2 months later...

dope. love to see them stage a full-scale reunion tour in '20. was a huge fan of these guys in high school. always really loved the three core albums (danger days included), though admittedly, i find them as an adult to be a bit melodramatic and insular. still, always liked gerard and the boys. happy for em!

my fav song(s) by MCR:

I'm kinda like Oliver here, I never really liked them at all until a couple years ago. They were a joke to me and my circle. I even saw them with blink and 2011 and didn't care at all. I wish I could see them now that I actually like some of their music! I'm not a huge fan, but I do like some of their stuff for sure.

Kinda figured these guys were due for some sort of a reunion sooner than later.  I think time has been really kind to this band, they got some hate back in the day when they were active, but as time has gone on many of those people seemed to have come around and recognized this band was not a total joke and had some genuinely great tracks.  If they come back for good, I really think they'd be embraced overall.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ari said:

i am shocked by the fact that this band is so popular/gets so much love. 

I'm not a big fan but appreciate what they are.

They have great energy, are good live, have a real persona/presence about them and write pretty interesting music that is underrated technically and also have great catchy hooks.

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is a fucking great album, gonna jam it right now actually.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

They have great energy, are good live, have a real persona/presence about them and write pretty interesting music that is underrated technically and also have great catchy hooks.

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is a fucking great album, gonna jam it right now actually.

Three cheers was great. I really liked the black parade too. Everything else they did was pretty meh.

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Yeah not calling their music shit, I guess I’m just surprised by how certain bands in this genre are able to catapult while others aren’t. Does that make sense?