Hey mom, there's something on my forearm

Aria

Wow, I don't think I'll ever quite understand (that is to say appreciate the mindset of) why people get band related tattoos (or tv show or movie ones for that matter), but I have to say that's pretty nifty.

Yeah, man I get what you're saying but I sort of think the exact opposite.  I have band tattoos, video game tattoos, television tattoos, I'll eventually get a movie leg sleeve.  For me, I love the reminder of what I grew up loving, regardless what I love now or how much I've changed.  I looked at my arms the other day and then I looked at my girlfriend and I kind of explained how crazy it's going to feel to be forty and to look down at this arm and remember the day I drove down the road to the shop to get these pieces, the mindset I was in and the reason I got them.  Some are goofier than others, some have a real, honest story behind them but half of what it boils down to is, I love tattoos and I'm not gonna just get a random piece that looks cool, that holds no meaning to me.  For me, those are the ones I don't understand.  One of my closest friends has a space/ocean sleeve, and it looks fantastic and to him it's what he really wanted but I hardly see anything personal when I look at it.  I think for him he didn't want to take the personal route.  As far as my arms go, I feel like they're very personal (And I like i said not necessarily in a completely serious way)  and you can tell when you look at them that there WAS  a reason for each of them.

I mean look at my Banjo Kazooie/Weezer tattoo.  I remember being younger and being obsessed with that game (Still adore it).  Needing to beat it.  It took me months and I remember for some weird reason the ONLY thing I listened to while playing that game was Pinkerton.  It pumped me up I guess.  I pretty much had a song for each course, and they somehow fit (IE 'Across the Sea' for the course Rusty Bucket Bay)

So, I dunno maybe this reply is too long but basically, I understand why you wouldn't understand that sort of thing because it's perfectly understandable not to.

haha cool, were there any other contenders for the quote?

Haha, I was talking to Beth on the phone as I was driving up to the place.  First thing I said when she called was "Some girls try too hard?"  or "Where's my dog?"   I went with Some girls try too hard because

it made more sense in the context of the piece itself.  And what a TRUE quote too.  I'm very very stoked for the first wasted girl who's all over people to ask me what it says, and what it means.

Extra tidbit:  So he finishes the tattoo, says it'll run me 120.00.  I then gave a 62.00 tip ;)

• Like 1

Nice story, I'm the same when it comes to tattoos, don't understand people who just pick something random off the wall. But each to their own.

You should post the rest of your ink up in here man, I've seen a bit before but not all of them.

I'll gladly take pictures and such tonight, but I'm gonna hold off on the Mark Tom and Travis show half sleeve cause it's not finished at all, but we're going to be doing a shit load of work on it next wednesday.  Thanks for showing interest, guys :)

• Like 1