Old School & Rare videos

n i k u

11 hours ago, boxelder said:

i know this isn't particularly rare at all, it's rather famous here actually, but i just love it. they play so fucking fast. and the guy in the ET mask is just allowed to hang out onstage lol

i have a much, much, much better copy of this show on DVD-R. in fact i have tons of shows that have never surfaced online, direct from camcorder to DVD-R... just got to get around to digitizing them someday...

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i have a much, much, much better copy of this show on DVD-R. in fact i have tons of shows that have never surfaced online, direct from camcorder to DVD-R... just got to get around to digitizing them someday...

You have a lot of sweet stuff. I know you had interactions with Mark back in the day. I'm just curious, did you ever have any personal interactions with Travis when he first joined the band?

7 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

that was my era, 1995–1998.

I know lol. Unfortunately, I was ages 9-12 during that time and living in Michigan, where people my age really hadn't heard of them. I hadn't discovered any underground music at that time yet. Fell in love when I was 13 and saw what's my age again. They saved me from my love of Hanson hahaha

8 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i find this interesting... most kids of my generation didn't start listening to popular music until high school.

Oh dude I've always been huge into music. my first best friend was a kid in the neighborhood who was 5 years older than me. He introduced my to weird al when I was really young, and that was my first musical love. Then, I fell in love with Hanson. Learned to play drums hitting my parents couch with sticks along to them lol. Had that same friend drive me to flint so we could find the kid rock cd, which he had to buy for me. Then finally I was steered in a better direction when I discovered blink. Now, I love mostly underground music, but back then I was watching mtv downstairs against my parents' wishes lol. Sorry for the novel about my irrelevant life 

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

please. lol. that's a classic show and it's in pretty abysmal quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

it would be nice to own those versions :) (and get rid of the old, shitty quality rips)

anyway, if it's already on dvd, you don't need to digitize it. just create an iso file, which takes the same time as normal copying.

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

it would be nice to own those versions :) (and get rid of the old, shitty quality rips)

anyway, if it's already on dvd, you don't need to digitize it. just create an iso file, which takes the same time as normal copying.

no i mean i want to rip them to web friendly formats like mp4, mov, or avi.

39 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

no i mean i want to rip them to web friendly formats like mp4, mov, or avi.

i see. what about youtube or vimeo? (with a good upload speed it's easier than offline conversion. i usually upload stuff as unlisted/private, then download the converted version on the next day. the quality-speed ratio is quite good.)

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

i see. what about youtube or vimeo? (with a good upload speed it's easier than offline conversion. i usually upload stuff as unlisted/private, then download the converted version on the next day. the quality-speed ratio is quite good.)

you can't up DVD direct to youtube unless the file is less than 500mb. i will have to rip my DVDs to a file format and then upload. someday... it's not a high priority for me. also, my upload speed is not good at my location.

This is one of my favourite bootlegs. One of the last shows with Scott. You can see Travis standing off to the side of the stage in some shots. Lots of energy, and Mark gets dacked during Dammit. Haha.

I also actually have it uploaded at this link if anyone wanted a good quality download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By1B-vH3y2tYdXZnVVNpUHNLRjA

• Like 2