What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

3 hours ago, boxelder said:

kinda. it's just nathan going around to struggling businesses and creating these dumb plans designed to help them. but more often than not, it doesn't go the borat route of cringe comedy where it's making fun of the person, it's more about nathan's ineptitude. a lot of the series is his social anxiety, lack of experience with women, and so on. it's also filled with a lot of sarcasm and always some half-assed emotional conclusion that gives you the impression nathan is just lying to himself. it's hilarious. review with forrest macneil is pretty good too, they seem similar, but i haven't gotten into that yet.

one more update: finished master of none. wonderful show. can't wait for season two.

Good summary. Yeah I used the skit genre loosely there, just in the sense that there is no continuity between the show (aside from the themes you mentioned), and that the show is usually broken up into 3 or so different segments. I'm sure some of it is made up and staged like a skit show, too. 

I think the best part of the show is his ability to dead pan and never break character, and the awkwardness that ensues with his persona. I don't think I've laughed at a show as hard as Nathan For You

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I still have to watch the second season of Rick and Morty. I watched the first season because it was on Hulu and I loved it. Cracked me up. Gotta track down season 2 now.

get ready my friend! rick and morty season 2 is some of the funniest, most well-written tv ever. i loved season 1, but this season took it to the next level for me. one of my favorite tv seasons ever, maybe my favorite.

• Like 2

I'm nearing the end of Jessica Jones and I think it's better than Daredevil. David Tenant does such an awesome job playing Kilgrave so I hope they don't kill him off. People rave about Kingpin but I think Kilgrave is so much better. I'd love to see a series of him and Jessica teaming up like in the previous episodes, it's so good!