What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

Watched the season finale of Star Wars Rebels tonight and I think it is one of the best Star Wars TV episodes ever made. Honestly it was better than The Force Awakens.

But it had one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in Star Wars.

Helicopter lightsabers.

Helicopter lightsabers.

Lightsabers that you hold on to and fly around with while they spin.

why.

Currently watching Better Call Saul. Really like it, it's like a combo of Mad Men and Breaking Bad. Alson watching South Park, is currently on season 14 and it really dropped in quality after like season 9, to preachy and to much reliance on current events instead of just funny storylines like in the earlier seasons.

Really need to re-watch It's Always Sunny aswell, that is one funny show.

• Like 1

Not to be negative, but I'm dropping "Arrow" from my currently watched shows after that last episode. Not only has the writing gone downhill since season 2, but then they pull a stupid stunt by killing an integral for some shitty fan-geared shipping (they even had the nerve to have the character's last lines before they died promoting said shipping).

Gonna continue with the rest of Arrowverse (Flash, and Legend of Tomorrow), but Arrow has gone to shit.

3 hours ago, M!ke said:

Isn't Supergirl in that universe as well? 

No because she is in a different universe (and I believe Arrowverse is shot somewhere in Canada while Supergirl is in LA (Plus the fact that she's on an entirely different network than Arrowverse)) she however is part of the multiverse.

They just have it where she's on a different earth. While The Flash covers Earth-1 (where Arrowverse takes place), and Earth-2 (sort of like Fringe) then Supergirl is off in some unknown/unnamed earth.

25 minutes ago, Monkey Chips said:

No because she is in a different universe (and I believe Arrowverse is shot somewhere in Canada while Supergirl is in LA (Plus the fact that she's on an entirely different network than Arrowverse)) she however is part of the multiverse.

They just have it where she's on a different earth. While The Flash covers Earth-1 (where Arrowverse takes place), and Earth-2 (sort of like Fringe) then Supergirl is off in some unknown/unnamed earth.

Well yeah, the multiverse.  What I mean is that hasn't there been a crossover in one (or both) of the series where they've traveled through the multiverse to effectively make both universes a part of the same larger lore?  Supergirl may not be in Universe A, but her Universe B is accessible within the rules and confines of Universe A.

On 4/9/2016 at 10:25 PM, M!ke said:

Well yeah, the multiverse.  What I mean is that hasn't there been a crossover in one (or both) of the series where they've traveled through the multiverse to effectively make both universes a part of the same larger lore?  Supergirl may not be in Universe A, but her Universe B is accessible within the rules and confines of Universe A.

It's funny. I read this post and didn't know how to respond because what I was going to say was that only Supergirl (CBS) had the crossover, and The Flash (CW) barely acknowledged Supergirl's existence (plus the fact that the crossover on Supergirl seems farther ahead than the plot on The Flash tv show. There's also the fact that Universe A is the Arrowverse (With Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow (possibly including Constantine (although he did have a cameo this season of arrow) and iZombie (maybe)) while Universe B is where this season's Harrison Wells and his Daughter (Also Jay Garrick's Flash, Killer Frost, and Zoom). Then we have Supergirl's universe (again) not acknowledged on The Flash, but I guess her show could be set in Universe C.

However it turns out that the actress who plays Supergirl might be appearing in The Flash after all (as her Earth-1 counterpart (Just as Power Girl)).

http://comicsalliance.com/flash-boss-talks-supergirl-potential-to-appear-as-earth-1-power-girl/

Never had enough curiosity to start to see Game of Thrones. I started a few weeks ago. I'm watching it from season 1 to 5 in a row. I'll see if I can link them to the new season.

Also, Black Sails season 3 just finished like two weeks ago. I can't wait to see the next one. One of my favourite shows ever.

Better Call Saul is absolutely fantastic. Not only is it a perfect successor to Breaking Bad tonally, Bob Odenkirk is outstanding as a leading man. He really commands his scenes. Also, the writing does wonders establishing him as a flawed protagonist with villanistic qualities whom you can't help but love. I'd highly recommend checking out the first season on Netflix.

I couldn't really get in to Better Call Saul. I saw the first 2 episodes, and just ultimately felt, meh.  Its a shame, I loved Breaking Bad, but Saul just doesn't quite work for me, and I like Bob Odenkirk too, it's got all these elements I like, yet it ultimately just left me feeling underwhelmed.  Perhaps I'll go back and give it another shot, but I'm really i no rush to do so.

4 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I thought the first season was amazing and I liked season two as well, but not nearly as much. I feel like almost nothing happened.

Yeah I agree. 

I enjoyed both seasons but season 1 definitely had a lot more going in it.

That was one hell of a finale and ending to season 2 though,

that might have been the turning point of when Jimmy McGill becomes Saul Goodman; Chuck accepting a plea bargain for him to clear his name and no longer be associated with McGill? I also think Chuck dies soon since he's never in breaking bad, and that note that was left on Mike's windshield, was it Gus?

On April 11, 2016 at 7:51 PM, Monkey Chips said:

It's funny. I read this post and didn't know how to respond because what I was going to say was that only Supergirl (CBS) had the crossover, and The Flash (CW) barely acknowledged Supergirl's existence (plus the fact that the crossover on Supergirl seems farther ahead than the plot on The Flash tv show. There's also the fact that Universe A is the Arrowverse (With Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow (possibly including Constantine (although he did have a cameo this season of arrow) and iZombie (maybe)) while Universe B is where this season's Harrison Wells and his Daughter (Also Jay Garrick's Flash, Killer Frost, and Zoom). Then we have Supergirl's universe (again) not acknowledged on The Flash, but I guess her show could be set in Universe C.

However it turns out that the actress who plays Supergirl might be appearing in The Flash after all (as her Earth-1 counterpart (Just as Power Girl)).

http://comicsalliance.com/flash-boss-talks-supergirl-potential-to-appear-as-earth-1-power-girl/

Whoa, I'm really late to this, but is iZombie really part of the same universe as Arrow and all those shows? The creator of the iZombie comic (that the show is loosely based on) is a close family friend. Is iZombie connected to those other shows at all? I'll admit, I've only seen like three episodes of iZombie despite knowing the guy who created it.

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Whoa, I'm really late to this, but is iZombie really part of the same universe as Arrow and all those shows? The creator of the iZombie comic (that the show is loosely based on) is a close family friend. Is iZombie connected to those other shows at all? I'll admit, I've only seen like three episodes of iZombie despite knowing the guy who created it.

No, none of the shows from Arrowverse (Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow), and I don't thing iZombie references those shows either. However, I wouldn't be surprised in the future if they did try to bring the shows together in some way (seeing as how they're all on the same network).

• 3 weeks later...

I started watching Mr. Robot last night. It's pretty good and has an intriguing premise to the show, but at times it tries pretty hard to be non-conformist and jumping on the whole mainstream culture sucks, Wallstreet is corrupt bandwagon. 
The lead actor makes it worth watching though. I'm just catching up before season 2 starts in a couple of months.