What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

16 hours ago, Chad Has Herpes said:

Watched 2 episodes of The Night Of. Really well done show. Anyone interested in crime dramas should check it out. 

I just started watching this show as well and it's really great. The first two episodes were slow but not in a boring way, very interesting and kept me wanting more. Usually when a show starts slow I'm over it pretty quickly.

On 9/20/2016 at 2:13 AM, GrimCityGirl said:

I'll do spoiler things too! - 

Reveal hidden contents

To be fair, none of the characters are written to be particularly nice or likeable. they're all kind of dicks. JP, Kingsley, Vod, all assholes in their own way. The only one that doesn't fit that so much is Howard. I agree that all of those things aren't remotely forgivable, but I still enjoy her character regardless. Oregon's is more understandable but that doesn't make her any less irritating to watch. She doesn't get better as the show goes on, in fact you can argue she gets much worse but I find her and her stupid life decisions quite funny, don't know if that makes any sense. 

That feel when you're wearing a sweater that Howard has now worn for three episodes.

7Mjnqym.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Just finished watching The Night Of. Pretty good, but it could have been better.

Hide contents

Mostly, I'm just glad that there was a happy ending for the cat.

Really? Thought it was perfect, 

you enjoying AHS?

I think the pacing of it was weird. There were times when it seemed to crawl (without much character development or anything) and other times they skipped over things that seemed important. It was a good series overall though.

I'm liking AHS so far. I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but the first three have been solid. You?

I find AHS very odd. first season was amazing, second season was awful, third season was damn good, couldn't even sit through the 4th season. I haven't had a chance to see the fifth or any of the sixth so far, but IDK if its worth bothering. 

11 minutes ago, Kay said:

I find AHS very odd. first season was amazing, second season was awful, third season was damn good, couldn't even sit through the 4th season. I haven't had a chance to see the fifth or any of the sixth so far, but IDK if its worth bothering. 

1st was the best by miles, Asylum was pretty good.

Season three was absolutely horrific, gave up towards the end as it was that bad. Haven't watched an episode of it since. 

9 minutes ago, Poet Danderson said:

1st was the best by miles, Asylum was pretty good.

Season three was absolutely horrific, gave up towards the end as it was that bad. Haven't watched an episode of it since. 

I loved the third season. it got back to like, a focal point. Asylum was all "it's mad people! oh wait, no, it's a serial killer! actually it's aliens! actually its the devil! actually it's oh fuck it who cares at this point" but Coven was easy - it was witchcraft and voodoo stuff. that's fine by me. 

38 minutes ago, Kay said:

I loved the third season. it got back to like, a focal point. Asylum was all "it's mad people! oh wait, no, it's a serial killer! actually it's aliens! actually its the devil! actually it's oh fuck it who cares at this point" but Coven was easy - it was witchcraft and voodoo stuff. that's fine by me. 

I agree season two was a bit of a clusterfuck mess with everything going on but it was still miles ahead of season three.

The witchcraft stuff was incredibly dull in my opinion, went from too much going on to not enough. 

Might give some of the more recent stuff a go though. 

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 2:13 AM, ungroovy said:

Fresh Meat is actually really good. It's a bit goofy, but the nuances in the characters are pretty cool. Besides the absolutely mind-numbing character development of the main girl, her decisions and her actions are unexplainable and bizarre.

Typical girl tbf

Haha but yeah I love that show, probably in my top 3 comedies/dramas. Haven't got around to watching season 4...apparently it gets a bit more serious than the other 3 seasons :(

I do love how the characters are done, they can be likeable then assholes between eps, keeps it fresh, never really know who my fav character is...except the blonde that I have crush on like Scotty

5 hours ago, Pussay Patrol said:

Typical girl tbf

Haha but yeah I love that show, probably in my top 3 comedies/dramas. Haven't got around to watching season 4...apparently it gets a bit more serious than the other 3 seasons :(

I do love how the characters are done, they can be likeable then assholes between eps, keeps it fresh, never really know who my fav character is...except the blonde that I have crush on like Scotty

But she's NOT a typical girl, she's a shitty person. It reminds me of He's Just Not That Into You, that shitty movie with a bunch of famous people where they all did completely unaddressed shitty things in their relationships and were just irredeemable to me. Some people watched and found it funny and silly, but I couldn't get past it. Others can be unlikeable in their own way, like Vod always ruining her life in frustrating ways or Kingsley being fake and stupid, but Josie is just a self-righteous twat.

4 hours ago, ungroovy said:

But she's NOT a typical girl, she's a shitty person. It reminds me of He's Just Not That Into You, that shitty movie with a bunch of famous people where they all did completely unaddressed shitty things in their relationships and were just irredeemable to me. Some people watched and found it funny and silly, but I couldn't get past it. Others can be unlikeable in their own way, like Vod always ruining her life in frustrating ways or Kingsley being fake and stupid, but Josie is just a self-righteous twat.

Hahah I was just shit stirring, I pretty much agree with you that she did some annoying selfish things but that's why I liked the character, I expected her whole storyline to play out more cliche when I first started watching

On 6 October 2016 at 9:38 PM, Patient #48273 said:

I think the pacing of it was weird. There were times when it seemed to crawl (without much character development or anything) and other times they skipped over things that seemed important. It was a good series overall though.

I'm liking AHS so far. I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but the first three have been solid. You?

Yeah I like it. Only seen 3 eps but it's keeping my attention so far. Not keen on the interview scenes though. I love how they always find obscure real life murder stories to add like those two nurses this season. 

First series was good, second was best for me. Freak show I enjoyed, the witches one and hotel I didn't bother with.

Can people recommend me and the Mrs some TV shows please? We're almost at the end of Californication and I need something to start immediately or else we'll be forced to actually talk to each other in the evenings... ?

Ideally we'd like something funny and the episodes are only like 30 minutes apiece. She tends to get bored easy when episodes drag on. 

Thanks muchly.