What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

I felt the same way when I finished watching it the first time, so I started it from the beginning like a week later.

Lol its so long that I feel i could do the same and it would still be enjoyable. 

I think im gonna do parkd and rec again though as its basically the same thing. Ive seen it before but then got my gf into it and watched about half a year ago and stopped. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Nasa said:

Just binge watched Black Mirror season four. Pretty good stuff.

I'm four episodes in and have really enjoyed every episode so far. The first episode (Space Fleet one) was my favourite, that cast was unreal and it was so disturbing but satisfying at the end.

The endings of each episode have been much less grim/dark than previous seasons. In past seasons, they usually ended in a very unsettling way where you feel hopeless. This season seems justified in its endings. 

• Like 1

Season 4 of Black Mirror definitely didn't disappoint even though it didn't have the crazy twists that I was expecting. I loved Hang the DJ, it was perfect. Black Museum was very interesting but it felt like its potential was left untapped.

The only issue I have with this season is they didn't innovate or introduce anything they haven't in past seasons so it wasn't near as surprising or amazing but it was good nonetheless.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Clarkerpes said:

I'm four episodes in and have really enjoyed every episode so far. The first episode (Space Fleet one) was my favourite, that cast was unreal and it was so disturbing but satisfying at the end.

The endings of each episode have been much less grim/dark than previous seasons. In past seasons, they usually ended in a very unsettling way where you feel hopeless. This season seems justified in its endings. 

USS Callister and Hang the DJ are tied for my favorite.

As for the bolded part--definitely. They seem to be going for a more positive vibe with this season.

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

Season 4 of Black Mirror definitely didn't disappoint even though it didn't have the crazy twists that I was expecting. I loved Hang the DJ, it was perfect. Black Museum was very interesting but it felt like its potential was left untapped.

The only issue I have with this season is they didn't innovate or introduce anything they haven't in past seasons so it wasn't near as surprising or amazing but it was good nonetheless.

I thought Black Museum was the worst one tbh.

As for the bolded-- 4/6 episodes used the cookie concept that we've seen before. That's my biggest critique.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nasa said:

USS Callister and Hang the DJ are tied for my favorite.

As for the bolded part--definitely. They seem to be going for a more positive vibe with this season.

I thought Black Museum was the worst one tbh.

As for the bolded-- 4/6 episodes used the cookie concept that we've seen before. That's my biggest critique.

Give inside no 9 a go you may enjoy them. Give 12 days of Christine a watch that’s one of the best

• Like 1

Ive only seen USS Callister and Arkangel so far. Liked both, Although I dislike the unhinged nerd jerk trope they used in Callister, and I honestly expected Arkangel to end way, way darker. That episode had super dark potential that just didn't really pay off, still a good episode though. Cant wait to see the others. 

I loved Daley’s character. I think that it was right on the mark. More people would behave like Daley than I think a lot of people would like to admit.

I was really looking forward to Arkangel because of the concept and it had so much potential, but they really let me down on that one.

• Like 1

I’ve watched USS Callister, Hang the DJ and Arkangel.

both USS and Hang the DJ are excellent. Arkangel was alright.

love the two characters in Hang the DJ. Black mirror do romance well, San Junipero vibes nqat. 

I prefer the Brit eps (shock horror) the surroundings and accents etc are just more familiar to me and I connect to them more.

16 minutes ago, Scott. said:

love the two characters in Hang the DJ. Black mirror do romance well, San Junipero vibes nqat. 

I prefer the Brit eps (shock horror) the surroundings and accents etc are just more familiar to me and I connect to them more.

Usually I like them too, but the only brit one I've seen so far is Crocodile and it was absolutely awful, not gonna lie. 

Seriously I really liked Callister and Arkangel but Crocodile just made me go 'oh yeah, thats why I think this show is hit and miss'. 

34 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Crocodile was trash. They didn’t use the tech to its fullest extent in that one and that’s why it sucked imo.

Well that and it was slow as hell, and the entire motive and thought process of the main character was a bit... ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Just seen black museum. Thought it wasn’t very good. I really like it. Was odd watching the welsh lass with an American accent mind. 

Watched the new episode of inside no9 too. Not much twists and turns but fucking excelllently written. 

5 hours ago, Scott. said:

First thing that came to mind was Tom's gf from Parks and Recreation.

I agree though, both those episodes are fantastic. My order for episodes of this season, from best to worst, goes 1, 4, 6, 5, 3, 2. 

• Like 1