What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Im trying to watch the tv show version of Series Of Unfortunate events and its really kind of meh - I struggle to watch Neil Patrick Harris these days. 

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Im trying to watch the tv show version of Series Of Unfortunate events and its really kind of meh - I struggle to watch Neil Patrick Harris these days. 

It's good but it takes a while to get into. 

They made Count Olaf way too comical and quirky. In the books, you were legitimately scared of him. He killed multiple people and you actually feared that he was going to kill the three children. The show really screwed up the portrayal of him. 

It's well shot, well acted, etc. but it doesn't capture the magic of the books that I recall reading as a kid. Still a good show, just a bit disappointing. I liked the bits they added with the parents though. 

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

I watched all 9 seasons of Seinfeld in less than two months. I had a great time!

I8gI687.gif

Can't go wrong there!

i've been watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee now that it's on Netflix. definitely reminds me of Seinfeld at times, kind of like Curb Your Enthusiasm did

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Can't go wrong there!

i've been watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee now that it's on Netflix. definitely reminds me of Seinfeld at times, kind of like Curb Your Enthusiasm did

Now I get why everyone says it's better than Friends. It was a comedy waaay ahead of its time, I swear there is a Seinfeld episode for almost any possible scenario of our lives. 

Curb Your Enthusiasm is the next thing I want to see. I don't have the energy to start another show right away but I think I'll do it in a few weeks.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2018 at 1:39 PM, Ghent said:

Can't go wrong there!

Crazy. Me and the missus just watched like 15 of those episodes last night. Really enjoyed it. I feel me and Patton Oswald would get along in real life. Seinfeld picked him up in a Delorean, he apparently likes super heroes and he referenced my favorite fictional character the Wolfman. I thought the Howard Stern segment was interesting as they debated about therapy and psychology. Much more introspective than I thought. Colbert was cool too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I’ve gone crime crazy. I’m currently binging ‘crimes that shook Australia’ and the UK version. Some proper mad bastards about. The snowtown murders in OZ are grim as fuck

I never know if it's appropriate to say "I really like to watch true crime documentaries/shows" but they are so addicting! I can sit for hours watching them and never get bored.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

I never know if it's appropriate to say "I really like to watch true crime documentaries/shows" but they are so addicting! I can sit for hours watching them and never get bored.

Right? I feel a bit weird for enjoying them but they’re fascinating. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Right? I feel a bit weird for enjoying them but they’re fascinating. 

Exactly. There's just something about them, I don't know what. I would never tell anybody that I'm so into them but at the same time I'm sure everyone kinda likes them, they're just too shy to say it haha

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Any of the Brits watching ‘true horror’ on ch4. Its a re-enactment show with real interviews of people’s experiences. It’s quite interesting and creepy and few jumps here and there but it’s complete bollocks surely?  @2point5 @Kay @...Dan...

Haven’t really been watching a lot of TV, mainly been watching Netflix or the boxsets on Sky. There’s too much crap on lately it’s hard to filter it all to find something decent. I think the last show I really watched was that ‘Liar’ show you recommended haha. 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Any of the Brits watching ‘true horror’ on ch4. Its a re-enactment show with real interviews of people’s experiences. It’s quite interesting and creepy and few jumps here and there but it’s complete bollocks surely?  @2point5 @Kay @...Dan...

I'm like Dan I don't tend to watch regular TV often, when is it on? I might check it out. 

I'm currently watching Westworld. it's nice to have a show live up to the hype - it's been a long slew of years of people going 'oh this is really good' for it to be incredibly meh, so it's nice that Westworld is surprisingly interesting - even if it is heavily referential/inspired by Brave New World. 

3 hours ago, Kay said:

I'm like Dan I don't tend to watch regular TV often, when is it on? I might check it out. 

I'm currently watching Westworld. it's nice to have a show live up to the hype - it's been a long slew of years of people going 'oh this is really good' for it to be incredibly meh, so it's nice that Westworld is surprisingly interesting - even if it is heavily referential/inspired by Brave New World. 

Was on Ch4 last night about 10 ish. It’s well worth a watch but I always wonder why these families lie about their hauntings. 

Just finished watching one of John Mulaney’s Netflix specials because everyone has been hyping him up to me. I laughed once. I don’t know what it is about me, but I just don’t find any standup comedians funny at all except for Jerry Seinfeld.