What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

9 minutes ago, Bucko said:

Just finished season 7. I’d give it a solid 7/10, got better as seasons go on. 

Will never understand the absolute obsession though

Looking forward to season 8

Me neither buddy. It's alright, but not as amazing as people tout it to be.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bucko said:

Just finished season 7. I’d give it a solid 7/10, got better as seasons go on. 

Will never understand the absolute obsession though. 

Looking forward to season 8

36 minutes ago, Kay said:

Me neither buddy. It's alright, but not as amazing as people tout it to be.

Reading the books definitely makes the show MUCH more enjoyable. You have a better idea of the different families and who is related to who (the main characters are obvious in the show, but the smaller families such as Jorah and Lyanna Mormont being related are much more obscure); you know the map better so you always know how far characters are away from each other in proximity to the map; the books provides you with much more history/lore of the families; the books have additional characters and storylines that aren't in the show; and the books provide way more depth to the characters as you see things from their perspective and know what is going through their heads (this is particularly true with a character like Sansa that seems like a pushover in the show). 

Having read both the books and watched the show, you're only getting like 70% of the storyline by only watching the show. The books are just too long for the show to cover everything every season. Hell, there's even a Prince Aegon Targaryen in the books that doesn't exist in the shows, that might have a rightful claim to the throne. 

The show is good for a number of reasons, but mainly because it's well written, well acted, has a good cast, is unpredictable with its characters, is a fairly realistic portrayal of medieval times with how grim and dark it is, and it does the fantasy elements very well by making them somewhat believable. One of my favourite parts of both the book and show is that it seemingly promotes the underdog all the time or slowly transforms a bad character into a good one. The Hound, Theon, Tyrion, Bran, Arya, Jaime, etc. - they're all characters that seemed 'weak' or 'bad' at the beginning, but stick around long enough to become the most important characters in the show.

I just want to see some White Walkers ride giant ice spiders and fuck shit up, which is referenced in the books. 

42 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Finished it pal. How fucking beautiful is she btw 

Haha yes! But I'm more into her tbh ??

693588124_shay-mitchell-zoom-cd804e4b-80

Spoiler

End of ep 5, can't believe he bashed her head in with a stone! 

But yeah so far good show. But I think it would be more interesting if Joe slowly got more obsessed with her. For example, he killed Beck's friend (Benji?) in the 2nd episode just like that...Way too fast imo! Would've been better if they approached it more like Breaking Bad (showing how he plans the murder to build tension etc ...)

• Like 1

Season 2 for Haunting of Hill House confirmed, hot diggity damn. It's going to be an anthology series, ala American Horror Story. 

Season 2 will be titled The Haunting of Bly Manor, based off of Henry James' gothic horror novella from 1898, The Turn of the Screw.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/02/21/the-haunting-of-hill-house-gets-season-2-order-from-netflix

12 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Season 2 for Haunting of Hill House confirmed, hot diggity damn. It's going to be an anthology series, ala American Horror Story. 

Season 2 will be titled The Haunting of Bly Manor, based off of Henry James' gothic horror novella from 1898, The Turn of the Screw.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/02/21/the-haunting-of-hill-house-gets-season-2-order-from-netflix

I was wondering what they'd be doing with it. I enjoyed it up until the last episode like everyone else and I'll gladly watch season 2. I hope they don't shit the bed like AHS did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

I was wondering what they'd be doing with it. I enjoyed it up until the last episode like everyone else and I'll gladly watch season 2. I hope they don't shit the bed like AHS did.

Yeah same here. I'm hoping they use the same cast as I thought most of them did a bang up job. The mom was creepy as fuck. 

6 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Yeah same here. I'm hoping they use the same cast as I thought most of them did a bang up job. The mom was creepy as fuck. 

She's the one from Spy Kids, right?!

I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of Victoria Pedretti!

26 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

She's the one from Spy Kids, right?!

I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of Victoria Pedretti!

Fuck if I know who was in Spy Kids lol. Looked it up and yeah she's the same actress. 

Victoria Pedretti will be a playing a lead role in season 2 of You, so that's cool. 

• Haha 1

I know I’m late on this one but I’m two and a half episodes into Making a Murderer and holy shit how are there SEVEN MORE EPISODES of this?! It’s fascinating but holy shit it keeps feeling like it’s going to wrap up and then I’m like “oh wait there’s seven more hours left.” WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN THIS IS NUTS.