What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

11 minutes ago, raw_sounds said:

I like Impractical Jokers, they are really funny

I just saw an episode today and i havent laughed as much at a tv show in a loooong time. I was crying. 

This bit. They loose if they get sush’d at or if somone walks out: 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Umbrella Academy

pretty good

I've watched two episodes and I'm struggling to watch more... It's so... lame. It's really clunky and cheesy and clearly thinks it's really cool. Very off putting. Feels like it's aimed at 'edgy' teens.

17 minutes ago, Regi. said:

I just saw an episode today and i havent laughed as much at a tv show in a loooong time. I was crying. 

This bit. They loose if they get sush’d at or if somone walks out: 

You all know this is set up right? Everything on tv but sport is scripted. It’s also fucking shit and I hate them all. Have a good day sir 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Scott. said:

You all know this is set up right? Everything on tv but sport is scripted. It’s also fucking shit and I hate them all. Have a good day sir 

Meh. Not convinced. Or care. I never watch it, just saw that one random episode today on tv. Thought that bit funny. Good day to you too sir!

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Even some sports are scripted nowadays bud.  At least American ones you get that vibe sometimes.

10 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

The guys running it are obnoxious and fake laugh, fake content.  Also a bunch of 50 yr old guys acting 14.

I really enjoyed Jackass and Punk'd though, yes Punk'd.

Ah i see. I understand how the laugh is annoying and them acting childish. I did some googling and it doesnt look like its obviously scripted? 

95% of Netflix Original content is unwatchable garbage. Sometimes I get sucked in based on the topic, like that Dogs show, and then realize I'm just watching trash. There's just so much shit on there that people somehow enjoy watching.

What they should do is follow the HBO model in only making quality TV shows - they already have shows like Stranger Things, The Crown, and Haunting of Hill House which are all top notch. Then take the money that they saved from not putting out 500 shitty shows a year and put it towards buying more licences for non-Netflix material to create a better library. Instead, they pay one big actor/actress a shit ton of money to do a show/movie with garbage writing and dialogue, or they end up paying off websites like IGN to give them good reviews. I really hate where Netflix is going, might cancel my subscription soon because it's just a trash product at this point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

95% of Netflix Original content is unwatchable garbage. Sometimes I get sucked in based on the topic, like that Dogs show, and then realize I'm just watching trash. There's just so much shit on there that people somehow enjoy watching.

What they should do is follow the HBO model in only making quality TV shows - they already have shows like Stranger Things, The Crown, and Haunting of Hill House which are all top notch. Then take the money that they saved from not putting out 500 shitty shows a year and put it towards buying more licences for non-Netflix material to create a better library. 

I loved Ozarks! 

2 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Ozark is pretty good too. But overall, Netflix maybe puts out 6-7 good shows a year? For every good show/movie, there are literally like 50 bad ones. 

Yeah, you're right ... I watch a handful and then I'm done until the next seasons come out. That's what I love about Netflix, I can binge watch a few shows and then I'm done with television for a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

What they should do is follow the HBO model in only making quality TV shows - they already have shows like Stranger Things, The Crown, and Haunting of Hill House which are all top notch. Then take the money that they saved from not putting out 500 shitty shows a year and put it towards buying more licences for non-Netflix material to create a better library. Instead, they pay one big actor/actress a shit ton of money to do a show/movie with garbage writing and dialogue, or they end up paying off websites like IGN to give them good reviews. I really hate where Netflix is going, might cancel my subscription soon because it's just a trash product at this point. 

Writing and creating quality programming costs a lot of time and money and doesn't automatically please everyone. Doing a variety of content that appeals to different demographics makes a lot more sense, which is why they're doing it.