What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

22 hours ago, Kay said:

Writing and creating quality programming costs a lot of time and money and doesn't automatically please everyone. Doing a variety of content that appeals to different demographics makes a lot more sense, which is why they're doing it. 

I get that. But they're also throwing money at big names and then mailing it in (any Adam Sandler movie, or even the comedy specials like Dave Chappelle's). I'd rather them not worry about getting one big actor/actress and then have a shitty concept/writing team, and just focus on making quality material. They're clearly going for quantity over quality.  I think if you were to average Netflix's shows in terms of IMDB rating, it would be MUCH lower than most other major networks. 

3 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I get that. But they're also throwing money at big names and then mailing it in (any Adam Sandler movie, or even the comedy specials like Dave Chappelle's). I'd rather them not worry about getting one big actor/actress and then have a shitty concept/writing team, and just focus on making quality material. They're clearly going for quantity over quality.  I think if you were to average Netflix's shows in terms of IMDB rating, it would be MUCH lower than most other major networks. 

Netflix have data on all of the watch information for all of their original programming - if people weren't watching it, they wouldn't make it. It can be total shit but ultimately the majority of people are brain dead troglodytes who don't leave imdb reviews, and are probably into that shit. 

53 minutes ago, Kay said:

Netflix have data on all of the watch information for all of their original programming - if people weren't watching it, they wouldn't make it. It can be total shit but ultimately the majority of people are brain dead troglodytes who don't leave imdb reviews, and are probably into that shit. 

See that's where I think Netflix is different. They make shit shows and then cancel them all the time. Netflix actually might cancel the most shows out of any major network. Seems like there are 5-10 shows that get cancelled each year (recently all the Marvel shows).  

3 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

See that's where I think Netflix is different. They make shit shows and then cancel them all the time. Netflix actually might cancel the most shows out of any major network. Seems like there are 5-10 shows that get cancelled each year (recently all the Marvel shows).  

The marvel shows getting cancelled was all Disney/marvel though. They were never Netflix shows, Netflix just had the distribution rights. Theyll appear on Disney’s streaming service when that launches and the more successful ones will most likely have new seasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

The marvel shows getting cancelled was all Disney/marvel though. They were never Netflix shows, Netflix just had the distribution rights. Theyll appear on Disney’s streaming service when that launches and the more successful ones will most likely have new seasons.

That's true. Some of them I heard were pretty garbage though, like Iron Fist and some of Luke Cage. I was a Punisher fan and tried to give it a go but lost interest half way through. 

I still can't get into the umbrella academy. so many people keep telling me it's good and I try watching it and I'm like "am I watching the same thing?" because it's so fucking cringe.