What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

The Queen of Versailles (2012)

B+

Anybody ever watch this doc? Basically a mega rich family is building the biggest house in America down in Florida (great location for a house imo, nothing catastrophic ever happens there), recession happens, they can't afford to keep it going (their business is selling time shares to idiots), they have to withdraw some of their spending (which is like switching from private jets to 1st class). it's eye opening in how the rich live in some ways and depressing in another. Their animals probably still live better than you or I. it's short and I really recommend it.

The Cell (2000)

B

Been meaning to watch this and finally did. Not as wonderful as The Fall, but I dug it.

Currently watching The Disappearence of Madeleine. Struggling to watch considering i have a 4 year old son. Plus, we’re going on a very similar vacation in Spain in june. Im getting nervous as hell! 

I read today about how she was born to be sold. The parents planned the whole thing and were going to meet a friend who was a child molester living very nearby in Luz. They were going to sell her or making some money off of her. And many weird facts about them sabotaging the search and doing odd things. A family friend heard the father talk about her in a sexual way. 

why did the police dog only bark at their rental car trunk? Refused to answer police questions?

Also, They left the country very soon. I cant imagine doing that after having my child stolen. 

IMO, they are def suspects, might have been an accident and they are covering it up, sold her, or she was abducted  

Im only done with first episode and need a break from it so i haven’t seen how the series develop. 

• Wow 1

On 3/18/2019 at 5:57 AM, _Kyle_ said:

The Queen of Versailles (2012)

B+

Anybody ever watch this doc? Basically a mega rich family is building the biggest house in America down in Florida (great location for a house imo, nothing catastrophic ever happens there), recession happens, they can't afford to keep it going (their business is selling time shares to idiots), they have to withdraw some of their spending (which is like switching from private jets to 1st class). it's eye opening in how the rich live in some ways and depressing in another. Their animals probably still live better than you or I. it's short and I really recommend it.

Yeah I watched it a while ago, it's my gf's favourite documentary. 

It's just funny how the dad never learns. He keeps prioritizing his work over his family even when his business is going to shits. Basically ignores the kids the entire film. 

8 hours ago, Regi. said:

Currently watching The Disappearence of Madeleine. Struggling to watch considering i have a 4 year old son. Plus, we’re going on a very similar vacation in Spain in june. Im getting nervous as hell! 

I read today about how she was born to be sold. The parents planned the whole thing and were going to meet a friend who was a child molester living very nearby in Luz. They were going to sell her or making some money off of her. And many weird facts about them sabotaging the search and doing odd things. A family friend heard the father talk about her in a sexual way. 

why did the police dog only bark at their rental car trunk? Refused to answer police questions?

Also, They left the country very soon. I cant imagine doing that after having my child stolen. 

IMO, they are def suspects, might have been an accident and they are covering it up, sold her, or she was abducted  

Im only done with first episode and need a break from it so i haven’t seen how the series develop. 

I can’t watch that tbh, not with a child. I also think the parents are in on it, don’t trust these higher ups, he’s a Freemason surgeon isn’t he? Fucking nailed on wrong ‘un. Can imagine all the little posh gatherings he goes too. Fuck knows what goes on there. Dirty fucking cunts

9 hours ago, Regi. said:

Where about in Spain you off too? Go there with the wife and son early May. Can’t wait for a break. 

I always thought the parents were guilty but the doc has changed my mind a bit to be fair.

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

I can’t watch that tbh, not with a child. I also think the parents are in on it, don’t trust these higher ups, he’s a Freemason surgeon isn’t he? Fucking nailed on wrong ‘un. Can imagine all the little posh gatherings he goes too. Fuck knows what goes on there. Dirty fucking cunts

Its hard to watch. I made it through the first episode then turned it off. I will finish it though. Yeah, the parents are suspicious as fuck. 

48 minutes ago, Bucko said:

Where about in Spain you off too? Go there with the wife and son early May. Can’t wait for a break. 

I always thought the parents were guilty but the doc has changed my mind a bit to be fair.

I’ll fly to Alicante and drive for like 1 hour north i think. Cant remember the name of the town. Going with the in laws. Break is needed indeed! 

I need to finish the doc to get a clearer picture. The strangesness i’ve read about the parents is just too much to ignore. 

Her 2 children were also a sleep in the same room, she finds out her daughter has been stolen, but goes back to the restaurant to tell everyone and leaves them inside? I’d fucking shout my lungs out from the window or balcony or just call.  What a cunt. 

1 hour ago, Regi. said:

Its hard to watch. I made it through the first episode then turned it off. I will finish it though. Yeah, the parents are suspicious as fuck. 

I’ll fly to Alicante and drive for like 1 hour north i think. Cant remember the name of the town. Going with the in laws. Break is needed indeed! 

I need to finish the doc to get a clearer picture. The strangesness i’ve read about the parents is just too much to ignore. 

Her 2 children were also a sleep in the same room, she finds out her daughter has been stolen, but goes back to the restaurant to tell everyone and leaves them inside? I’d fucking shout my lungs out from the window or balcony or just call.  What a cunt. 

I mean they're awful parents for leaving them on their own, I always thought 100% guiltty of killing her and covering up but now not so sure.

What I am sure about is that they're neglectful arseholes.

We're off to a place called Tossa de Mar, falls between Girona and Barcelona, I was hoping to get to go to a Barca game but unfortunately they are away that week :( 

45 minutes ago, Bucko said:

I mean they're awful parents for leaving them on their own, I always thought 100% guiltty of killing her and covering up but now not so sure.

What I am sure about is that they're neglectful arseholes.

We're off to a place called Tossa de Mar, falls between Girona and Barcelona, I was hoping to get to go to a Barca game but unfortunately they are away that week :( 

Cool! Spain is wonderful if not surrounded by tourists everywhere. I dont like going to non-local places. 

I just continued watching the doc. The dogs findings were very suspicious. Just turned my beliefs the parents did it way up. 

The blood-sniffing dog I could almost discount since they can't identify any of the blood as Madeleine's and people bleed all the time and most of the time it's not suspicious unless there's a huge amount. But the corpse-sniffing dog signalling it smelled something on her toy? That's super fucking suspicious and I don't know how they can even try to explain that other than trying to discredit the dog.

4 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

The blood-sniffing dog I could almost discount since they can't identify any of the blood as Madeleine's and people bleed all the time and most of the time it's not suspicious unless there's a huge amount. But the corpse-sniffing dog signalling it smelled something on her toy? That's super fucking suspicious and I don't know how they can even try to explain that other than trying to discredit the dog.

Yeah dog smelled/barked her toy, her mothers clothes and their car. The blood in the car was madeleines DNA showed. Both dogs, the corpse and blood both barked at the same place in the car. Drivers seat and trunk. 

11 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Yeah I watched it a while ago, it's my gf's favourite documentary. 

It's just funny how the dad never learns. He keeps prioritizing his work over his family even when his business is going to shits. Basically ignores the kids the entire film. 

I wanna say there's a reason why the daughter overdosed and died when she was 18. He never liked being a father and basically just had families because of his trophy wives desires to have them. Really, these people are what is wrong with America. Greed on top of greed and ignorance. 

Has your g/f ever watched Grey Gardens? That's a real riches to rags documentary.

50 minutes ago, Regi. said:

Yeah dog smelled/barked her toy, her mothers clothes and their car. The blood in the car was madeleines DNA showed. Both dogs, the corpse and blood both barked at the same place in the car. Drivers seat and trunk. 

Since this is true crime, I don't mind spoiling it, but just in case you don't want to to be spoiled, I'll hide this...

Spoiler

The DNA evidence ends up being much weaker than they initially thought, so they couldn't prove the blood was Madeleine's. They also mention that the McCanns didn't rent the car until weeks after Madeleine disappeared. It's possible they hid her body and waited that long to move it, but that seems unlikely to me.

27 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Since this is true crime, I don't mind spoiling it, but just in case you don't want to to be spoiled, I'll hide this...

Hide contents

The DNA evidence ends up being much weaker than they initially thought, so they couldn't prove the blood was Madeleine's. They also mention that the McCanns didn't rent the car until weeks after Madeleine disappeared. It's possible they hid her body and waited that long to move it, but that seems unlikely to me.

Yeah i knew that. Its still all very weird. Police was also saying that the “bedtime checks” didnt match up and they kept changing the timing and the evening. Didnt people at the restaurant say something that suggested the McCanns were lying?

it just seems that the story is different than presented. 

And the window. Parents said it was wide open, but it wasnt when the police arrived. Even closed in photos. Then the dad said he opened it from the outside, but it cant be opened from the outside and the only fingerprints were inside, of the mother, suggesting the hand was used to slide it open it. No other handprints found. 

Those fuckers murdered her. 

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Yeah, despite the documentary taking the parents' side at the end, I think they were involved. Like others have said, I think it was an accident and they covered it up.

Yeah. They admitted giving her meds to sleep. Maybe overdose? The twins didnt wake up at all when there were tons of people shouting and going in their room when madeleine was discovered lost, and when they were taken to another apartment. Never woke up. And the mom kept checking if they were breathing.