What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

I've been on a Supernatural kick.

I watched the first 5 seasons years ago and adored it. It doesn't touch Buffy for me but it's quite similar in a lot of ways, anyhoo season 6 starts and I watched two episodes and noped the fuck out, thought it was shite, and never carried on with that season. We got Amazon Prime recently and all bajillion seasons is on there and I was told repeatedly that it "gets a lot better again" after season 6 by many people. so we rewatch, determined to persevere. 

I'm one episode away from season 8 and... I mean it's alright... not as good as the first 5 seasons whatsoever but it wasn't quite as much of a mess as it seemed, just took time to settle back into itself. I do enjoy the show but I don't entirely understand why it has such a fan-girl-obsessive-type audience. like I have a major Buffy thing but thats because underneath the silliness, Buffy was actually quite clever and pioneering at it's time. This doesn't really have any of that 'underneath' stuff, just a lot of brooding and quippy jokes. The only logical reason I can see for the audience is that the dudes are hot, and if that really is the main reason than that's kinda depressing haha - I will say though, for watching 7 seasons worth, that it definitely holds up over time a lot more than a lot of shows. It easily could've (and probably should've) ended after season 5, but the way it's carried on hasn't been quite as ridiculous and painful as other shows and that's kind of encouraging. dunno how the fuck they keep it up for 14 goddamn seasons though. It already feels tired. 

4 hours ago, Scott. said:

Any of the brits watching ‘The Confession’ on itv? Very good. 

Also watched the first episode of ‘the capture’ I think it’s called that on BBC 1, also very good. 

Confession is on our list, my manager keeps mentioning it. Give Unbelievable a go if you like crime dramas and have netflix. 

15 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I'm three episodes in. Really enjoying it so far.

It gets better and better. All of the actresses are incredible and tell the story in such a good way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bucko said:

Just watched unbelievable on netflix. 

Thought it was a great series, but again just makes you feel so frustrated at the laziness of police to follow up on things. 

I'm watching this as we speak on my lunch break. 

On episode 6, bit of a slow burner but it's good, totally fucked up at points though - people are horrible. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 8:40 AM, Scott. said:

Also watched the first episode of ‘the capture’ I think it’s called that on BBC 1, also very good. 

Started that this evening and loving it, on episode 4 already, gonna get all 5 done tonight and watch the season finale tomorrow.

BBC really do know how to do a crime drama.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Started that this evening and loving it, on episode 4 already, gonna get all 5 done tonight and watch the season finale tomorrow.

BBC really do know how to do a crime drama.

Fucking fantastic isn’t it. Something sexy about Holliday Grainger 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Scott. said:

@...Dan... just finished the capture pal. Thoughts? 

Was a bit underwhelmed to be honest, thought the last couple of episodes were not as good as the first 4. 

I kind of get the whole your actions have consequences and that what he did caught up with him eventually.

Also feel like they were more worried about setting it up for a second series rather than properly rounding off the series 1 story. 

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Was a bit underwhelmed to be honest, thought the last couple of episodes were not as good as the first 4. 

I kind of get the whole your actions have consequences and that what he did caught up with him eventually.

Also feel like they were more worried about setting it up for a second series rather than properly rounding off the series 1 story. 

Yeah know what you’re saying. They did leave it open. Fucking loved it though