What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

4 hours ago, FighterOfGravity said:

Ffs, I typed in "Why did Walter..." on google to look up some some season 4 stuff and it immediately typed in every single spoiler for the series finale :_(

I'm sure it'll still be exciting, kind of figured most this would happen and it left out details.

You dull cunt. Deserved. No sympathy 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

You dull cunt. Deserved. No sympathy 

I heard Season 4 was a good enough series end for the show... But one of the last episodes in 5 might be the top one.  I mean you knew Hank, Walt, and Jesse were going to mingle at the end one way or another, still nervous to see how.

4 hours ago, FighterOfGravity said:

Ffs, I typed in "Why did Walter..." on google to look up some some season 4 stuff and it immediately typed in every single spoiler for the series finale :_(

I'm sure it'll still be exciting, kind of figured most this would happen and it left out details.

What were you searching for? Why did Walter what?

2 minutes ago, FighterOfGravity said:

I was confused why he told Hank to keep looking for Heisenberg and what happened to the magnet truck.  Both prefilled some major spoilers but no details.

I don't think the show ever explains it, but I always thought it was because Walt enjoys the chase/adrenaline of almost being caught. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I don't think the show ever explains it, but I always thought it was because Walt enjoys the chase/adrenaline of almost being caught. 

Another brilliantly written complexity that is not explained is whether or not Walt actually cares for Jesse or not, cared and then became too cold blooded, or always cared.

It's easy to say he sees Jesse fully as a tool and manipulates him, that the hug was not genuine and borderline the scariest scene in the show, but where I get stuck is he could have easily controlled Gale too, if not more, but wanted Jesse.  It clearly became less and less, but I still think that hug had SOMETHING, a lot say it was pure evil final manipulation attempt.

This show is really flawless in it's change of tones, but my favorite times were when Jesse and Walt were buddy partners 😭

On 12/2/2019 at 6:47 PM, Clar-ke has herpes said:

This is on my list to watch as well. I've heard the series finale is one of the best of all time and will make you tear up. Michael C Hall is awesome.

There's just too much good television out there now. My "to watch" list is just growing, at this point it's pretty much insurmountable: 

-The Expanse

-Peaky Blinders

-The Mandalorian

-Twin Peaks

-The West Wing

-Deadwood

-The Shield

-American Crime Story

-Dr. Who (watched the pilot episode and thought it was the strangest, most overrated show)

-Oz

-The Americans

-The Crown

-The Wire (gave up midway through season 2 but only ever watched it late at night when I was falling asleep)

-The Sopranos (same reason as the Wire, but I also had the ending spoiled for me)

-True Detective season 3 (season 2 sucked so I'm not that excited for it)

-Westworld season 2 (started it but lost interest)

-Cobra Kai

-The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 

-Dark season 2 

And the Witcher comes out in a couple weeks which should be pretty awesome. 

It's crazy because all the shows mentioned above are considered "top 50" or "top 100" shows of all time based on various lists made. 

Oz is something fucking else, man. As soon as you start it, let me know what you think.  In my opinion it was pretty much the originator in the wave of edgier content shows. 

Edit:  I wanna share my thoughts on top of your thoughts -

The West Wing - I feel like I'm slowly getting closer and closer to wanting to watch this enough to actually watch it. 

American Crime Story surprised the shit out of me. I watched the entire first season in a day. John Travolta surprised the shit out of me too. 

The Wire is one of the greats in my opinion. 

I'm a huge gangster movie fanatic, but can't, despite everyone I know begging me to will myself to watch The Sopranos.  I don't see the originality I guess? It seems like it's basically Analyze This

I heard Peaky Blinders is unbelievable. I still need to check it out as well.

Season one of True Detective was so fucking fantastic. I don't know what happened in season two, but despite hearing great things about the third season I still feel like I'm not "ready" to dive back in. 

Dr. Who - I was visiting my cousin,  and her and her husband were watching it. I saw an episode. I do not understand the love this receives at all. I'll go as far as to say I disliked it incredibly, and found it dumb and cheesy. Power Rangers Sherlock Holmes. 

West World was so weird for me. I watched all of season one, it wasn't a chore but I to this day can't figure out if I was hooked or not. Haven't got around to season 2, it was just a really strange experience for me. 

Have you seen Barry? I watched both seasons in two days. Couldn't help it. Love it. 

And PLEASE add The Handmaid's Tale to your list. I went in blind, not knowing what to expect at all, but the name for whatever reason made me feel like it was going to drive me bored-crazy.  It's by far my favorite TV show of all time. 

On 12/2/2019 at 4:37 PM, Russel Coight said:

I disagree I think Walt definitely cared for Jesse. He basically saw Jesse as a son and his “I know better” attitude was less a controlling thing and more that of a concerned parent/parental figure. Obviously it’s still controlling but it’s done as a way to protect and care for him as opposed to Walt just needing to be in control. By the time season 4 ends this dynamic has completely changed though.

Hide contents

i still think Walt hated Jesse and wanted revenge right up until he saw him in chains.

Idk,

he definitely seemed more set on the Nazi gang, with that setup at the end, (which was fucking amazing and did not see it coming)... The whole time I was wondering 'does he really think him and Jesse are going to get in a car and escape or something?'

That and he seemed to have softened up a lot and realizing what he'd all done, I think the final turning point was the phone call with the family about the money being unwanted and all for nothing... That's all he was holding onto to desperately justify it all, he definitely came to near full turn, admitting to the wife it was the rush and greatness at something that made him feel alive, and then when Jack told him if he shoots him he'll never find the money, and the immediate shot and blood splatter on the camera felt like an exclamation point.

He also like picked up Jesse's friends and it felt like he wasn't being malicious, just going back to a better time before it got so heavy.

Season 5 series finale was fucking amazing, Jack and Todd sucked as well as that whole gang so I can't really say if it was better than the season 4 finale with Gus and Hector, but it was pretty memorable with Walt and Jesse final nod off

I think that laugh at the end was an admiration for Walt in a sick twisted 'that crazy bastard' type of way, realizing he actually came back and saved him again with his mad scientist ways.  Walt seemed at peace in the lab, in a sort of "I finally got to live life" kind of way.

I cried.

5 minutes ago, FighterOfGravity said:

Idk,

Hide contents

he definitely seemed more set on the Nazi gang, with that setup at the end, (which was fucking amazing and did not see it coming)... The whole time I was wondering 'does he really think him and Jesse are going to get in a car and escape or something?'

That and he seemed to have softened up a lot and realizing what he'd all done, I think the final turning point was the phone call with the family about the money being unwanted and all for nothing... That's all he was holding onto to desperately justify it all, he definitely came to near full turn, admitting to the wife it was the rush and greatness at something that made him feel alive, and then when Jack told him if he shoots him he'll never find the money, and the immediate shot and blood splatter on the camera felt like an exclamation point.

He also like picked up Jesse's friends and it felt like he wasn't being malicious, just going back to a better time before it got so heavy.

Season 5 series finale was fucking amazing, Jack and Todd sucked as well as that whole gang so I can't really say if it was better than the season 4 finale with Gus and Hector, but it was pretty memorable with Walt and Jesse final nod off

I think that laugh at the end was in a sick twisted admiration for Walt the crazy bastard actually came back and saved him would his mad scientist ways.  Walt seemed at peace in the lab, in a sort of "I finally got to live life" kind of way.

I cried.

oh he was definitely out to get the nazi gang absolutely. But you can tell from the scene with badger and skinny Pete in the car that he’s pissed that Jesse is alive. When he hears blue meth is out there he basically grits his teeth and says “pinkman” in a very angry tone. Up until then he thought Jesse has been killed by the nazi’s after they got whatever info from him they needed so when he found out he was still alive he planned on killing Jesse with the rest but when he saw him shackled, scarred and looking like absolute shit he lost that anger and either felt pity or even a little guilty, which I think circles back to that whole “did Walt ever care for Jesse” discussion and proves that he did really care for Jesse.

By the final ep I think Walt had definitely given up so to speak. He knew he was dead very soon from the cancer, his family wanted nothing to do with him or his money, he just wanted revenge before he died. He was at peace with that.

I actually started a rewatch after you kept talking about it. It’s been a couple years. On episode 5 of season 1. Such a good show.

Watch El Camino now. It’s good.

17 minutes ago, FighterOfGravity said:

Idk,

Hide contents

I think that laugh at the end was an admiration for Walt in a sick twisted 'that crazy bastard' type of way, realizing he actually came back and saved him again with his mad scientist ways.  Walt seemed at peace in the lab, in a sort of "I finally got to live life" kind of way.

I cried.

I think that phone call, if it's the same one I'm remembering, was mainly to exonerate Skyler as Walt knew the cops were involved at that point.

6 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Hide contents

I think that phone call, if it's the same one I'm remembering, was mainly to exonerate Skyler as Walt knew the cops were involved at that point.

i think he might be talking about the one where he calls Walt jr at school and tries to get him to agree to take whatever money he has left and Walt jr just shuts him down and tells him to die. Second last ep I think.

44 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Hide contents

oh he was definitely out to get the nazi gang absolutely. But you can tell from the scene with badger and skinny Pete in the car that he’s pissed that Jesse is alive. When he hears blue meth is out there he basically grits his teeth and says “pinkman” in a very angry tone. Up until then he thought Jesse has been killed by the nazi’s after they got whatever info from him they needed so when he found out he was still alive he planned on killing Jesse with the rest but when he saw him shackled, scarred and looking like absolute shit he lost that anger and either felt pity or even a little guilty, which I think circles back to that whole “did Walt ever care for Jesse” discussion and proves that he did really care for Jesse.

By the final ep I think Walt had definitely given up so to speak. He knew he was dead very soon from the cancer, his family wanted nothing to do with him or his money, he just wanted revenge before he died. He was at peace with that.

I actually started a rewatch after you kept talking about it. It’s been a couple years. On episode 5 of season 1. Such a good show.

Watch El Camino now. It’s good.

I felt like he was just mad that his product was still on the street without him and he must have known Jesse was being used to make it, probably not to the slavery extent...If I had to take a guess he was preparing to kill all of them first with the preparation on maybe saving Jesse.

What do you think of the laugh at the end by Jesse?  I think he was crying/laughing at the fact Walt actually came back and got him out of there, or at least that's what I like to think.  Those two were such a good pairing when they finally got down to strictly business, I love Cranston and Aaron Paul's chemistry, it makes the show.  I read somewhere Jesse was originally supposed to be killed off in the first season.

Yes the phone call with the kid,

he was completely broken that the last thing he had left meant nothing to them, making the whole thing worthless, until we find out it's more about how it made him feel alive than the money itself.

I'm still a little meh on how Hank found out, it wasn't great, and the Nazi leader was a huge drop off from Gus, but the show is damn near flawless.  I'm so glad I was able to binge this instead of spending 6 years in agony for the next episode.

3 minutes ago, FighterOfGravity said:

Hide contents

I felt like he was just mad that his product was still on the street without him and he must have known Jesse was being used to make it, probably not to the slavery extent...If I had to take a guess he was preparing to kill all of them first with the preparation on maybe saving Jesse.

What do you think of the laugh at the end by Jesse?  I think he was crying/laughing at the fact Walt actually came back and got him out of there, or at least that's what I like to think.  Those two were such a good pairing when they finally got down to strictly business, I love Cranston and Aaron Paul's chemistry, it makes the show.  I read somewhere Jesse was originally supposed to be killed off in the first season.

i still think Walt just hated Jesse and blamed him for everything going to shit. Hank dying etc. The last time Walt saw Jesse he bragged about watching Jane die and then let the nazi’s take off with him to do whatever before killing him. He hated the Cunt at that point and until he saw him in chains his opinion didn’t change. If I remember right you see the way he looks at him and his whole attitude just sort of changes in that moment. That’s how I saw it anyways.

i think Jesse’s laugh/cry was literally just him in amazement/shock that he got out and survived it all. Seriously watch El Camino and then we can keep discussing this I don’t wanna accidentally say something.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Hide contents

i still think Walt just hated Jesse and blamed him for everything going to shit. Hank dying etc. The last time Walt saw Jesse he bragged about watching Jane die and then let the nazi’s take off with him to do whatever before killing him. He hated the Cunt at that point and until he saw him in chains his opinion didn’t change. If I remember right you see the way he looks at him and his whole attitude just sort of changes in that moment. That’s how I saw it anyways.

i think Jesse’s laugh/cry was literally just him in amazement/shock that he got out and survived it all. Seriously watch El Camino and then we can keep discussing this I don’t wanna accidentally say something.

Yeah, not gonna lie I got kind of depressed with it.  It was great to see them not full on despise eachother anymore with the nod off, but it made you remember the good times and how fun those were, just back in the trailer, and how beyond fucked they got to unrepairable damage to both.   Then you have Walt laying on the meth lab floor, it was really mixed emotions because it was half "I got to live life and achieve greatness" and "I'm all alone and lost my family".  It's really fucked when you think about none of it mattered, and they lace in this Walter side of him at the end to have slight sympathy instead of kind of wanting him dead to prevent further problems.

At the same time did Jesse possibly come around at the very end? Almost like "yeah we kicked major ass at one point and went through a lot, I lost everyone I loved and you were a manipulative bastard but things are going to get fucked up when we went where we did in the drug world"

The only loose end to all this I thought of is that the handicapped kid is extremely disturbed and cannot ever be okay with all this and seeing mom stab dad.

17 minutes ago, FighterOfGravity said:

I mean she did slice him with a butcher knife right in front of Walt Jr.

Walter walking back into his house in general was so crazy.

Not denying that it happened, but I would have thought Walt's behaviour was far more traumatizing.