What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

On 2/4/2020 at 8:15 PM, Scott. said:

I’m 5 episodes into ‘The Stranger’ on Netflix. Wow this has me fucking gripped. Really good. Anyone else watching?

I'll check it out tonight! If you enjoyed The Stranger, you might like Safe too, it came out a couple of years ago and it's another british cast Harlan Coben story based on one of his books. 

20 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I'll check it out tonight! If you enjoyed The Stranger, you might like Safe too, it came out a couple of years ago and it's another british cast Harlan Coben story based on one of his books. 

Yeah seen it 👍🏻 It’s better than safe imo

• Like 1

I still haven't watched The Stranger because I'm catching up on Succession (HBO) and it's amazing. I've never been so invested in watching some of the most hideous characters and championed their wrong doing haha I totally recommend it.

On 2/11/2020 at 9:58 AM, JarJarBlinks said:

has anyone here watched Altered Carbon?  I watched the first episode of S1 but like most tv shows I never finished it.  Just saw the new trailer for S2 and it reminded me of the show. 

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. I originally checked it out because I recognized the main actor from The Killing (amazing show imo), didn't realize S2 was near so that's exciting!

I'm on Narcos Mexico S2 at the moment... 

Wilfred

Really liking this one.  Pretty hooked right away from episode 1.  3 in feel like this could go somewhere, if not it's already just funny enough.  

Still trying to get into Better Call Saul, everyone loves it and I loved Breaking Bad more than anything but I get so bored in it.

5 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

Wilfred

Really liking this one.  Pretty hooked right away from episode 1.  3 in feel like this could go somewhere, if not it's already just funny enough.  

Still trying to get into Better Call Saul, everyone loves it and I loved Breaking Bad more than anything but I get so bored in it.

I remember Wilfred, that show was cool

I could only watch Wilfred for about a season before I had to stop.  I enjoyed it for awhile, but I think it was the episode where you find out his mom has the same situation as him with I think a cat, that it really felt like it had jumped the shark, and it no longer enticed me.  (I assume we're talking about the US adaptation btw, never saw the original Australian version).

13 hours ago, M!ke said:

I could only watch Wilfred for about a season before I had to stop.  I enjoyed it for awhile, but I think it was the episode where you find out his mom has the same situation as him with I think a cat, that it really felt like it had jumped the shark, and it no longer enticed me.  (I assume we're talking about the US adaptation btw, never saw the original Australian version).

Ah really? Yeah I've been reading it peaks early and fades off a bit, but I absolutely love the opening of this show and first few episodes all the WTFness and hope it doesn't.

That part didn't bother me, it felt like it was up for interpretation, it added to the mystery element for me, like it could be hinting he suffers from the same illnesses as his mother, we are experiencing more surrealit, he might be dead, in limbo, crazy, are these pets really some experiment/psychologists for crazy ppl, etc. Unless they actually confirm this in the upcoming episode, this is about where I left off.

The only thing that can make me want to change it is really the dog at times, I get that's the point he's a bad influence and an asshole but sometimes it veers on 'edgelord' a bit too much for me, but that's my only gripe.  I love the psychological depth this goes into, it's actually really relevant for any mid/late 20-30 year old.