What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

On 5/6/2020 at 12:08 PM, Speedo said:

No one appreciates Larry Bird, honky was phenomenal. 

Larry was great, no doubt about it.
But he was no Kobe, MJ or Lebron.

Just my opinion anyway...

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, n i k u said:

may 23rd was the 10 year anniversary of lost ending, and ive been doing a rewatch.

such a damn good show 

Sucks that ABC pushed them to extend the series by an additional season to make more money. I feel like that reduced the quality of the last couple of seasons, especially when you compare it to a show like Breaking Bad, which had its seasons all planned out ahead of time and AMC allowed Gilligan to stick with his vision. 

I'm midway through season 2 of the Sopranos, first time watching it. I credit @_Bagel for sparking my interest in the series again. 
Really enjoying it, all the characters are very compelling, and I love that it's about the character development and dynamics, and not just about the mob and crime. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

53 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

I'm midway through season 2 of the Sopranos, first time watching it. I credit @_Bagel for sparking my interest in the series again. 
Really enjoying it, all the characters are very compelling, and I love that it's about the character development and dynamics, and not just about the mob and crime. 

Couldn't escape the charm of Tony's smirk eh? Haha - Happy to help man, I'm jealous that you're getting to see it for the first time. That's it,  it's as much about family life as it is the family. Make sure you watch with food nearby, every episode made me hungry - food is it's own theme almost

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

It's pretty good. I binged most of it last night. I think the main difference between the original and this reboot, aside from not having Robert Stack as the host, is that each episode focuses on one big mystery. If I recall correctly, the older version had multiple mysteries each episode.

It honestly just feels like each episode is its own self-contained crime documentary, like Making a Murderer. Still good though. 

14 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

It's pretty good. I binged most of it last night. I think the main difference between the original and this reboot, aside from not having Robert Stack as the host, is that each episode focuses on one big mystery. If I recall correctly, the older version had multiple mysteries each episode.

It honestly just feels like each episode is its own self-contained crime documentary, like Making a Murderer. Still good though. 

Yeah, I watched the first 4 episodes last night and they spent 50 minutes on cases that could have been explained in 20 minutes, but they absolutely needed the coverage and I'm glad they got it. What I didn't like was that this new Unsolved Mysteries wasn't as creepy as the original, it's missing the music and scary guy in the smoking alley, but it was good.

On 7/3/2020 at 11:33 AM, Elisa said:

Yeah, I watched the first 4 episodes last night and they spent 50 minutes on cases that could have been explained in 20 minutes, but they absolutely needed the coverage and I'm glad they got it. What I didn't like was that this new Unsolved Mysteries wasn't as creepy as the original, it's missing the music and scary guy in the smoking alley, but it was good.

the second episode...like...the husband totally killed her. like right? there's no way he didn't. 

58 minutes ago, Kay said:

the second episode...like...the husband totally killed her. like right? there's no way he didn't. 

oh yes, but I think he had someone help him or do it for him, since he was so adamant that it was impossible for him being in the area and made sure to show all the receipts to prove he was somewhere else.

• Like 1

I finished Unsolved Mysteries last night, thought there would be more episodes. It's funny the name of the show is UNSOLVED MYSTERIES and yet at the end of each episode I am still disappointed to the point of fury. Not sure if you've seen the UFO one yet, but there is a point in there towards the end where I thought Tom/TTSA might get a shoutout!

@Speedo Hunters was good, I really enjoyed that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I finished Unsolved Mysteries last night, thought there would be more episodes It's funny the name of the show is UNSOLVED MYSTERIES and yet at the end of each episode I am still disappointed to the point of fury. Not sure if you've seen the UFO one yet, but there is a point in there towards the end where I thought Tom/TTSA might get a shoutout!

@Speedo Hunters was good, I really enjoyed that.

lol, I remember watching it as a kid. I think it was on NBC? Certain episodes would freak me out.

Is it true to the original or are they doing something different with it?