What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

50 minutes ago, Ghent said:

lol, I remember watching it as a kid. I think it was on NBC? Certain episodes would freak me out.

Is it true to the original or are they doing something different with it?

The original is way better. It's not too bad of a watch though, kills the time efficiently enough.

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I finished Unsolved Mysteries last night, thought there would be more episodes. It's funny the name of the show is UNSOLVED MYSTERIES and yet at the end of each episode I am still disappointed to the point of fury. Not sure if you've seen the UFO one yet, but there is a point in there towards the end where I thought Tom/TTSA might get a shoutout!

@Speedo Hunters was good, I really enjoyed that.

I liked it a lot, thought Pacino and the How I Met Your Mother guy were great, although wasn't a huge fan of the ending.

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

The original is way better. It's not too bad of a watch though, kills the time efficiently enough.

I had the same thoughts when I watched the Netflix reboot, but I don't know how much is based on nostalgia, though. I tried to go back and watch an episode (the whole series is free on Youtube), and made it about 5 minutes in and turned it off. The stories are more wild and less focussed on just murders, but the acting to recreate the scenarios is much worse than the Netflix reboot. I watched the season opener for a random season (season 7?) about some carnival frozen caveman going missing...and it was pretty dumb. But Robert Stack makes it more enjoyable. 

17 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

I had the same thoughts when I watched the Netflix reboot, but I don't know how much is based on nostalgia, though. I tried to go back and watch an episode (the whole series is free on Youtube), and made it about 5 minutes in and turned it off. The stories are more wild and less focussed on just murders, but the acting to recreate the scenarios is much worse than the Netflix reboot. I watched the season opener for a random season (season 7?) about some carnival frozen caveman going missing...and it was pretty dumb. But Robert Stack makes it more enjoyable. 

Robert Stack WAS Unsolved Mysteries, I love those old 90's shows with the terrible reenactments. I think the difference, for me at least, is the entertainment value. The original Unsolved Mysteries was more entertaining than informative and, at an age of over-saturation of information... whether that applies to Culture or my own personal intake and perception, I kind of appreciate the ability to shut off and watch a show strictly for entertainment. It's why I miss the old Rescue 911 show.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Speedo said:

I liked it a lot, thought Pacino and the How I Met Your Mother guy were great, although wasn't a huge fan of the ending.

I loved it but didn't watch the last episode. Too depressing lol, I really should finish it. I love the Nun and Josh Radnors character. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sex Education has been on my list for a while, so I gave the first season a try. Highly entertaining. Maeve Wiley? Hot. I also predicted the major LGBT plot point from the first episode and felt like such a proud gay when it turned out to be true!

• Like 2

I really liked the BBC show I May Destroy You. High trigger content: the actress navigates the discovery of her sexual assault/rape, but the story is more than that. It was very refreshing to see how the series handles issues around race, sexuality, consent and trauma while still making viewers laugh.

I've never watched Sex Education though. 

56 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I've never watched Sex Education though. 

It’s a YA comedy set in the UK, but it has Americanized elements and feels like it takes place in the 80s (feels John Hughes-ish) but also in the present? I think the timelessness was on purpose. It doesn’t break any new ground as far as storytelling and themes go, but it’s still a fun watch. I do recommend it if you enjoy YA stuff. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Nasa said:

It’s a YA comedy set in the UK, but it has Americanized elements and feels like it takes place in the 80s (feels John Hughes-ish) but also in the present? I think the timelessness was on purpose. It doesn’t break any new ground as far as storytelling and themes go, but it’s still a fun watch. I do recommend it if you enjoy YA stuff. 

Ohhh, then I think it should be right up my alley, just for the fact that it's inspired by John Hughes 80s teen movies and it's set in an Americanised England. I always thought it was something like Gossip Girl, that's why I never cared for it haha   

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 5:33 AM, Nasa said:

Sex Education has been on my list for a while, so I gave the first season a try. Highly entertaining. Maeve Wiley? Hot. I also predicted the major LGBT plot point from the first episode and felt like such a proud gay when it turned out to be true!

It's very dumb but I am a bit of a fan. And yes she's fucking gorgeous.