What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

14 hours ago, Speedo said:

It took me a bit to get into, 3rd or 4th episode ... takes a bit to develop. It's not the greatest show but I found myself enjoying it ... and you know me, I don't enjoy anything. I'm a miserable cunt.

This.
Definitely  took around 3 episodes to get fully invested and catch on to everything going on. Then, I was hooked.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tombomb said:

So funny, I was just coming here to talk about this.

Planning to watch Season 2 this week  hopefully starting today, but like the day is starting off crazy. Only sleep 4 hours before I was wide awake and hungry. 😕 (tthing is, I have to go to my parents' to watch it, which requires me to get my shit together here...and if I'm gonna need a nap later, mixed in with the adulting I need to do...will I manage the time?? "Don't pressure us, Anxiety" 😅)

What did I just read?  😶

On 8/17/2020 at 3:07 PM, Kay said:

Two episodes over 40 odd minutes each should definitely be enough to know whether you're into it or not, unless you're telling me the show is completely different after 80 odd minutes in? 

Yeh i know, you probably might not like ot after 3 or 4 episodes but yeh it does start off slow in the first 2, just explaining the plot etc...

The actual comics its based on is from gerard way from my chemical romance, thats the only reason i gave it a chance because the story is pretty cool, theres definitely alot of plot holes tho, season 2 is a completely different show tho with time travel and timeline.

• Like 1

So, yesterday's batch of TUA had some great moments! Was honestly a tad concerned at the slow start. Also, some awesome tunes! I wasn't sure if they were going to feature anything not 60s related, but was pleased to have these. ✌️

"I was made for loving you baby" Kiss

"Oh mama I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law" Styx

And this one, covered by The Interrupters. Never heard it, but pretty badass!

I've had pretty bad TV ADD lately, where I won't continue the same show for a very long time.

Started up Boardwalk Empire and am a few episodes in. Love the cast and premise, but it's fairly slow so far. 

Also watched the first episode of the Leftovers and really liked it. 

Still on season 3 of the Sopranos as well. 

On 8/17/2020 at 9:07 AM, Kay said:

Two episodes over 40 odd minutes each should definitely be enough to know whether you're into it or not, unless you're telling me the show is completely different after 80 odd minutes in? 

I didn't read the other comments clearly enough before apparently, but like Speedo said, try giving it more than 2 episodes. I can't quite remember season 1 if it was that way, but season 2 it definitely took it till E3 to get going. I was honestly a bit afraid at first, but it really did take off and finish well. And while it's different than the comics, I think it kinda tied stuff together enough with season 2. I really liked both the comics and the tv series. IMO neither is better than the other because they are two different projects. Very cool! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching Buffy for the first time ever since I accidentally signed up to amazon prime while I was buying a new kettle and a hoover. I'm in full Autumn mood now, even though it'll be summertime until late October here.

• Like 1

Started Cobra Kai now that it's on Netflix. Probably gonna finish season 2 tomorrow. I'm really loving it.

I think it might be the first TV show to ever make me cry. There was just one short scene in the first season that was a sucker punch right in the feels for me. Didn't expect a Karate Kid show to make me emotional haha