What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

11 hours ago, Nasa said:

Finished The Good Place since the final season was released on Netflix today. Definitely one of the best TV shows of this past decade.

I cried like a complete bitch throughout that last episode. Fucking best TV ending I've probably ever seen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have some controversial opinions on the 3rd season of Buffy: I liked it, but the first half of the season was very boring and I didn't love it as much as I loved season 2. 

Spoiler

I couldn't stand Faith, I MISSED SPIKE and Angel seemed to have no real place in the story other than the repetitive scenes with Buffy over the fact that they can never really be together, which I found incredibly boring.
The Xander/Willow relationship was so weird because they were both in two relationships that I enjoyed. It would have been much more believable if this thing happen in season two when they were both single, but I guess this was supposed to happen at some point.

Having said that, this season has some classic episodes that I really loved.
In my desperate need to have Spike back, I'm not proud of how attracted I was to edgy Giles in Band Candy (the episode where the adults acts like kids). I'll come back when I'm done with season 4.

Watched the pilot episode of Peaky Blinders. It's good, but it just didn't really grab me. Maybe it's because I'm not super interested in that era of crime, but I also found that a lot of the scenes are very obviously movie sets...like the lighting is too bright/the set pieces look fake, which took me out of the experience. Also had a hard time understanding some of the dialogue with the accents/slang, might need subtitles. 

I'm going to give the Crown a shot tonight.

2 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

Watched the pilot episode of Peaky Blinders. It's good, but it just didn't really grab me. Maybe it's because I'm not super interested in that era of crime, but I also found that a lot of the scenes are very obviously movie sets...like the lighting is too bright/the set pieces look fake, which took me out of the experience. Also had a hard time understanding some of the dialogue with the accepts/slang, might need subtitles. 

I'm going to give the Crown a shot tonight.

It takes a bit to get into Peaky Blinders. The first time I watched it I turned it off midway through the first episode and didn't go back to it for months. When I did go back I forced myself to slog through the first episode and into the second and third and I was hooked hard. Game of Thrones was the same way for me, first few episodes are crap before it really gets me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Speedo said:

It takes a bit to get into Peaky Blinders. The first time I watched it I turned it off midway through the first episode and didn't go back to it for months. When I did go back I forced myself to slog through the first episode and into the second and third and I was hooked hard. Game of Thrones was the same way for me, first few episodes are crap before it really gets me.

Yeah, I think this applies to like half of the dramas I've seen. Any other time and I would power through and keep watching, but in this golden era of television, there are just too many other options for things to watch. I'll probably come back to it in a few months once I've worked my way through my backlog. 

On 10/1/2020 at 7:14 AM, Russel Coight said:

South Park Pandemic Special was great.

I dunno i was pretty stoned on edibles and dont think i laughed once and thats impossible surely lol...

I prefered southpark when they made up great stories on their own, not recycling current pop culture every week into its own parady, it kinda got stale and predictable these days

I did love randy and mickey mouse banging the shit out of a bat in wuhan tho lol

13 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

I dunno i was pretty stoned on edibles and dont think i laughed once and thats impossible surely lol...

I prefered southpark when they made up great stories on their own, not recycling current pop culture every week into its own parady, it kinda got stale and predictable these days

I did love randy and mickey mouse banging the shit out of a bat in wuhan tho lol

I prefer old South Park too easily. But I still enjoyed this. Felt like a return to form despite still just focusing on current events. I laughed a few times.

1 hour ago, Bucko said:

Started watching Save Me last night. Wow first episode is mega. Looking forward to watching the rest and season 2. 

I googled it, Stephen Graham is in it so I'll watch it. He nails any role he does. 

21 hours ago, Speedo said:

I stopped watching in 2013/14! I am honestly surprised it's still on.

Yeah I don't get how the show had such long legs, it's boring as fuck. The comics are 1000x better.