What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

Watching Cobra Kai lately. I wasn't even a huge fan of the Karate Kid, but I'm digging this show so far. It's a good comfort show that you can turn your brain off to. It doesn't take itself seriously, it's super cheesy and campy, but damn it if it doesn't have a lot charm and silly humour. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I definitely think there will be some cool new mysteries shown off.

I really liked the first lot, only one of the episodes was meh. Looking forward to this! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I just finished watching The Haunting of Bly Manor and I loved it. Less horror than Hill House, but still good and a lot more consistent overall.

I loved the first season, excited to check this one out tonight. I think both are based on classic horror novels. 

Based on the trailer, it looks like it's a new cast aside from the actress who played Nell? 

On 10/9/2020 at 1:11 AM, Russel Coight said:

Cobra Kai was great. Comfy is the best way to describe it I reckon.

When I was watching it, I remembered that How I Met Your Mother episode where Barney just wants to meet Johnny from the Karate Kid. Wonder if the idea of Johnny being kind of a protagonist was inspired by that episode.

10 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

I loved the first season, excited to check this one out tonight. I think both are based on classic horror novels. 

Based on the trailer, it looks like it's a new cast aside from the actress who played Nell? 

Yeah, this one is based on The Turn of the Screw.

The actors who played adult Luke and the younger dad are in it a fair bit and adult Theo is in it. The mom from Hill House is the narrator.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I just finished watching The Haunting of Bly Manor and I loved it. Less horror than Hill House, but still good and a lot more consistent overall.

Watched the first two eps tonight. I don't know why but I find it way creepier than Hill House so far. Excited to watch more tomorrow!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 6:14 PM, Tom Bot said:

When I was watching it, I remembered that How I Met Your Mother episode where Barney just wants to meet Johnny from the Karate Kid. Wonder if the idea of Johnny being kind of a protagonist was inspired by that episode.

Had the same thought while watching it. I definitely think them getting together on HIMYM started the conversation of making a sequel.

• Like 1

Finished Bly Manor. It did end up being a little less horror than Hill House overall, but the first few episodes creeped me out way more than the first episodes of Hill House did. Anyway, both seasons have been great and I hope there's more to come. These are a lot of fun to watch in October.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

This will almost definitely be terrible, but I know I'm going to end up watching it.

giphy.gif

This has to be a reboot of the show and not books, right? Cause they covered the source material really well in the first season already, so it seems pointless to do it again with a similar cast. The good thing is they got both Michael C Hall and the original producer/writer who wasn't a part of the show near the end. If it's just a new season that is similar to seasons 1-4 but with a different supporting cast, it could be good.

7 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

giphy.gif

This has to be a reboot of the show and not books, right? Cause they covered the source material really well in the first season already, so it seems pointless to do it again with a similar cast. The good thing is they got both Michael C Hall and the original producer/writer who wasn't a part of the show near the end. If it's just a new season that is similar to seasons 1-4 but with a different supporting cast, it could be good.

Thanks for the balanced opinion on this.

Yeah the last couple of series were shite but 1-4 were gold and I actually thought 5-6 were pretty good as well. 

We know literally nothing about this other than what Casey is saying yet everyone's first instinct is to shit on it and say how awful it's going to be. Must be fucking exhausting being so negative about everything. 

END RANT. 

• Like 1