What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

15 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Thanks for the balanced opinion on this.

Yeah the last couple of series were shite but 1-4 were gold and I actually thought 5-6 were pretty good as well. 

We know literally nothing about this other than what Casey is saying yet everyone's first instinct is to shit on it and say how awful it's going to be. Must be fucking exhausting being so negative about everything. 

END RANT. 

Because its not a reboot if they're staying with Michael C Hall, it's a continuation which doesn't make a lick of sense considering where the series ended. 

I loved the show up until and including season 6 but the end was so rough I don't see how they could do that well. Maybe they have a really good idea but I do not have high hopes. 

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

The best thing they could do is a partial reboot featuring a lot of the old cast. Bring back Deb, Doakes, LaGuerta... whoever. Just have fun with it and forget canon.

I hated Deb and LaGuerta, they were the worst parts of the show besides the horny asian. Doakes was alright. I hope it is a reboot and they make it a little grittier.

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

LaGuerta was great at times, but the writers were so inconsistent with her that they made her terrible.

Deb was definitely annoying, but I can't imagine the show without her. Also she should have been a lesbian, not in love with her brother.

Something about Jennifer Carpenter really throws me off, I've never been less attracted to an attractive person than I am to her. I can't put my finger on why but she gives me the ickies.

She does look like a roommate I had once so, maybe thats it? I dunno.

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

LaGuerta was great at times, but the writers were so inconsistent with her that they made her terrible.

Deb was definitely annoying, but I can't imagine the show without her. Also she should have been a lesbian, not in love with her brother.

Some dude on HF Boards posted this lol:

I worked with Lauren Vélez, who played LaGuerta, on a project some years ago. She said towards the end they didn't even know what the writers were thinking or doing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Elisa said:

@Bucko we watched all season 1 of Save Me, you were right, it was great. So many twists and turns! And it's very realistic because these stories never have a happy ending. I hope season 2 is as good as season 1.

It's mega isn't it. Not started season 2 yet but it felt so intense haha! 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Bucko said:

It's mega isn't it. Not started season 2 yet but it felt so intense haha! 

oh yeah, I haven’t started season 2 right away either, it’s going to take me some time to recover from the first 6 episodes haha

I knew Netflix cancelled GLOW which sucks as I liked that show, but they also cancelled I Am Not Okay With This after only one fucking season and I'm pissed, that season was fucking great. Sick of Netflix cancelling good stuff and keeping so much wank. 

How important is The Simpsons to people here? That shit is written on my soul. It taught me more about pop culture, satire and family than nearly anything else back in the day,

Obviously its best days are behind it and it really needs to be put out of its misery. However, I googled some of the best post season 12 episodes. Holy shit, one from a few years back. It pretty much follows the premise of 'Boyhood' with Bart. It explores his strained relationship with his Dad and his one with his Grandpa. Bought a fucking tear to my eye, had that old magic. What a show

download (1).jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

How important is The Simpsons to people here? That shit is written on my soul. It taught me more about pop culture, satire and family than nearly anything else back in the day,

Obviously its best days are behind it and it really needs to be put out of its misery. However, I googled some of the best post season 12 episodes. Holy shit, one from a few years back. It pretty much follows the premise of 'Boyhood' with Bart. It explores his strained relationship with his Dad and his one with his Grandpa. Bought a fucking tear to my eye, had that old magic. What a show

download (1).jpg

The Simpsons hasn't been particularly good for a long time now. I used to love it but I've been burned too many times and don't bother watching it anymore. The movie was pretty good though.