What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

The Simpsons hasn't been particularly good for a long time now. I used to love it but I've been burned too many times and don't bother watching it anymore. The movie was pretty good though.

Yeah, pretty much 20-22 years it's not been what it was. Now just relies on shoe-horning guest appearances, Homer beign a carbon copy of Peter Griffin and satire that's just way wide of the mark. Seasons 1-12 are a goldmine.

Yeah, they could've gone out with a bang with the movie. Spider pig, Bart's dick - it had it all man

I haven’t watched it regularly in years but whenever I do happen to catch a new episode I still enjoy it. Maybe the show isn’t as great as it once was but I don’t think it’s bad, I still think it’s funny.

Same with Family Guy. Hardly ever watch it but when I do I still enjoy newer episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

It took me a few months to binge all the show but I just watched the last episode of Buffy and I'm a mess. I loved this series. Such a brilliant, poignant show and so well written. All the feels to the max 😭❤️ 

and Spike has the best character arc of anyone ever, any character, any show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

It took me a few months to binge all the show but I just watched the last episode of Buffy and I'm a mess. I loved this series. Such a brilliant, poignant show and so well written. All the feels to the max 😭❤️ 

and Spike has the best character arc of anyone ever, any character, any show.

Haha glad you finally finished it, NOW YOU KNOW!! IT'S BRILLIANT lol

I'm not the biggest Spike fan, think he's a little over praised but he is bloody brilliant. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

Haha glad you finally finished it, NOW YOU KNOW!! IT'S BRILLIANT lol

I'm not the biggest Spike fan, think he's a little over praised but he is bloody brilliant. 

It is!! NOW I KNOW why this show means so much to everyone! It was so ahead of its time and some episodes are just beyond incredible. 

To be honest, I totally understand that about Spike and I understand why some people aren't big fans, but I just love the character, his humour and his arc. I didn't really care about Spike and Buffy together and I didn't need them together at all at the end. What I liked about their relationship - even if they basically used each others way too much - is that I think they learned a lot about life and forgiveness with each other, they were able to deal with parts of each other that they didn't like about themselves, and they became better characters at the end of the series because of that. 

I'm not ready to start Angel right away haha maybe next year. Now I need a little break because catching up with all 7 seasons was so intense. Especially when the series took a dark, drastic turn (which I loved though!).

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2020 at 6:08 PM, Nasa said:

have one season of Schitt's Creek left, looking forward to watching it. always a nice dose of wholesomeness.

I started watching it after it swept the Emmy's (as a Canadian, I'm ashamed it took me so long to get into as I recall seeing commercials for it on CBC all the time, but they also make a lot of terrible shows). I'm enjoying it but the humour is basically one style - sarcastic, metrosexual, woke humour. I really need to be in a certain mood to appreciate it. 

On 12/15/2020 at 5:05 PM, Tom Bot said:

I started watching it after it swept the Emmy's (as a Canadian, I'm ashamed it took me so long to get into as I recall seeing commercials for it on CBC all the time, but they also make a lot of terrible shows). I'm enjoying it but the humour is basically one style - sarcastic, metrosexual, woke humour. I really need to be in a certain mood to appreciate it. 

Yeah, Dan Levy's touch is very palpable. I'm curious to see how he'll wrap it up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cobrai Kai is easily the dumbest show that I enjoy. Each season is dumber than the last and I'm still having a good time watching it.

I think it gets a free pass on ridiculousness because it's a sequel to the Karate Kid trilogy which was equally stupid and fun. Especially the third movie. If it wasn't based on an already ridiculous series of movies, I don't think I would be able to handle it. But since it is, I like it.

Just sad that Pat Morita isn't still around, because more Mr. Miyagi would be great.

• Like 2

Used this Christmas break to finally tackle Twin Peaks. I wasn't dissapointed. Quirky, endearing, fucked up and frustrating all in one -now gearing up for the third season.

Dale Cooper may be one of my favourite protagonists ever.

• Love 1

14 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Used this Christmas break to finally tackle Twin Peaks. I wasn't dissapointed. Quirky, endearing, fucked up and frustrating all in one -now gearing up for the third season.

Soooooo good.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 9:19 AM, _Bagel said:

Fire Walk With Me?