What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

On 1/3/2021 at 6:19 AM, _Bagel said:

Used this Christmas break to finally tackle Twin Peaks. I wasn't dissapointed. Quirky, endearing, fucked up and frustrating all in one -now gearing up for the third season.

Dale Cooper may be one of my favourite protagonists ever.

62d9ab6b6238473734928363d7f2039a.gif

• Love 1

On 1/6/2021 at 12:44 AM, _Kyle_ said:

Fire Walk With Me?

Unfortunately in the U.K. - I can't find it available to stream anywhere, legal or otherwise. I've seen some clips - and wanted to get all the deets beore the third season.  What I've actually seen are the last 15 minutes, some stuff with Bobby and Laura. The woman playing Laura absolutely killed it

58 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Unfortunately in the U.K. - I can't find it available to stream anywhere, legal or otherwise. I've seen some clips - and wanted to get all the deets beore the third season.  What I've actually seen are the last 15 minutes, some stuff with Bobby and Laura. The woman playing Laura absolutely killed it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Peaks-Collection-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B01GRU59XE/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=fire+walk+with+me+blu+ray&qid=1610217939&sprefix=fire+walk+&sr=8-4

this might be the cheapest way but I understand if you don’t wanna invest in a box set. I really recommend it though as it’s a great value and FWWM is almost 3 hours long with all the missing pieces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

This is one of the most touching moments in all of Twin Peaks.

10000% , honestly in all of television that i've seen. It came out of nowhere too, the rammifications of the speech as well...ooft. Beforehand, Major Briggs had struggled to connect with Bobby and this just cut through everything. I think that is something that every child wants to hear, but I think most parents don't always have the words.

Another favourite moment, which also comes out of nowhere , is Albert's 'I love you Sheriff Truman' speech.

@_Kyle_- Thanks for that. Next payday, I might be willing to fork out. This has the segment where Lynch interviews the Palmer family right? I've wanted to see that too. What would you say makes FWWM so special - also, how does it relate to Season 3?

• Like 2

FWWM is like season 2’s ending but in movie form. Unfortunately people wanted to know what happened to Coop in it but it doesn’t do that. It also introduces characters and events that tie into season 3 themes of light and dark. Btw I loved season 3 and it does a lot of interesting things.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Trying to be vague because I think not knowing & just experiencing it pays off for the viewer. Also Sheryl Lee is pretty phenomenal in it. 🔥 🔥 🔥 

Thanks mate - if I consider myself a fan, I've got to get to it! It definitley seems to

Spoiler

Make Leland seem much more culpable in what he did than S2 gave him credit for. The fact that he was actually more aware than we think kind of draws an even more hideous conclusion, as opposed to blaming it all on Bob.

I'm over halfway through the return now. It's defintley not what I was expecting, but things had to move forward. Lynch isn't out to pander to his viewers, he wants to stretch them. I think i feel frustrated because my expectations have deffo been subverted. I've been dying to 

Spoiler

see Cooper as himself, whole. I feel like this may never happen. It's fucking sad, it's shocking. I thought it would be reconciled pretty soon and we'd get one more season of Coop and gang, but like I say, all forward-thinking

Yes, season 3 definitely plays with your nostalgia and challenges it. It’s hard to digest that and wrestle with expectations we all have. Somehow, crazy as it all is, it works.
also I recommend this:

and they just released part 2 of their discussions on Season 3 and I’m really enjoying it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

Finally started watching the Expanse after having finished the Mandalorian. Great show so far, but the acting is a bit ehhhh. I've heard it gets a lot better though.

I keep trying to watch the first episode but the dialog is so muffled I genuinely can't understand most of what they're saying and I end up giving up after about 15 minutes. I swear I've tried it like 3 times idk why I struggle so much. 

13 hours ago, Kay said:

I keep trying to watch the first episode but the dialog is so muffled I genuinely can't understand most of what they're saying and I end up giving up after about 15 minutes. I swear I've tried it like 3 times idk why I struggle so much. 

I had the exact same issue the first time I tried watching it on my TV a few months back. This time I’m watching it on my laptop (and maybe a different download link/higher quality file) and it sounds totally fine. 

5 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

I had the exact same issue the first time I tried watching it on my TV a few months back. This time I’m watching it on my laptop (and maybe a different download link/higher quality file) and it sounds totally fine. 

Hmm, interesting. I'll try it with headphones - see if it makes a difference.