What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah, every episode is better than the last imo. Ep 5 blew my mind. I can't wait to see what this means for the future.

Spoiler

The fox version of quicksilver showing up was crazy. Considering this show leads directly into the new Spider-Man with all those multiverse rumours there and Dr strange 2 which is called the “Multiverse of Madness” you just don’t know what shit they’re going to pull out now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:
  Hide contents

The fox version of quicksilver showing up was crazy. Considering this show leads directly into the new Spider-Man with all those multiverse rumours there and Dr strange 2 which is called the “Multiverse of Madness” you just don’t know what shit they’re going to pull out now.

Yeah it feels like anything goes from here on out. That was such a cool reveal!

With The Mandalorian and this, I'm really happy with Disney+ so far. Plus we're getting a lot more of both Star Wars and MCU stuff in the future, so I'm excited for all of that.

• Like 1

I'm not a big follower of the MCU outside of the movies which I just recently watched, but I'm loving WandaVision. Mainly because it's creative and fresh. Love the throwback sitcom stuff progressing through the decades. Really well done.

And I'm probably missing half of the easter eggs and stuff relevant to fanboys

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ghent said:

I'm not a big follower of the MCU outside of the movies which I just recently watched, but I'm loving WandaVision. Mainly because it's creative and fresh. Love the throwback sitcom stuff progressing through the decades. Really well done.

And I'm probably missing half of the easter eggs and stuff relevant to fanboys

Nothing outside of the movies really matters in the MCU. I enjoy some of It but none of it is necessary. Technically they all take place in the same world as the movies do but the TV series have had nothing to do with the main MCU storyline. Until now with WandaVision!

21 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Nothing outside of the movies really matters in the MCU. I enjoy some of It but none of it is necessary. Technically they all take place in the same world as the movies do but the TV series have had nothing to do with the main MCU storyline. Until now with WandaVision!

I almost put WandaVision on last night but I panicked because new things freak me out so I put on Iron Man instead. Apparently WV is some sort of branch off to the start of another big story line ... or so I heard?

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

I almost put WandaVision on last night but I panicked because new things freak me out so I put on Iron Man instead. Apparently WV is some sort of branch off to the start of another big story line ... or so I heard?

since the story is still unfolding I don't know for sure but from what I've heard WandaVision is leading into the second Doctor Strange movie. Beyond that, I don't know!

On 2/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

since the story is still unfolding I don't know for sure but from what I've heard WandaVision is leading into the second Doctor Strange movie. Beyond that, I don't know!

Shows like Wandavision and the Mandalorian are going to be game changers for cinema. Offers so much more opportunity for big movie events when you get to play around with storylines and characters without the massive pressure of a movie release. Find out what people like, what works, where a story is going to go....and THEN announce a major movie event that ties a bunch of stuff together. Exciting times for these kind of franchises

• Like 1

I love Mando but honestly the last thing I want, on top of movies where you have to watch seventeen other movies just to follow the plot, is to have to have watched a bajillion movies, to watch a full TV show, to watch another movie. 

Everyone loves Wandavision by the sounds of it, and thats cool, but because I haven't watched the last hundred odd marvel films, I'm automatically locked out, so it's a write off. 

It's really rather irritating. 

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I love Mando but honestly the last thing I want, on top of movies where you have to watch seventeen other movies just to follow the plot, is to have to have watched a bajillion movies, to watch a full TV show, to watch another movie. 

Everyone loves Wandavision by the sounds of it, and thats cool, but because I haven't watched the last hundred odd marvel films, I'm automatically locked out, so it's a write off. 

The Mandalorian was great! The second season faltered a bit and wasn't as good as the first but it was still pretty good and I hate the majority of Star Wars films.

WandaVision sucks ... I really don't understand the praise and I'm someone who didn't mind the Marvel movies ... the 2nd Thor was kind of crap, I guess ... yeah, I wouldn't waste your time with it. 

What kind of shows are you looking for?

4 hours ago, Kay said:

I just kind of think of it as a running series ya know? The total mcu runtime pre-wandavison is 50ish hours. Breaking bad has a total runtime of 62 hours. If you didn’t hear about Breaking Bad until season 5 started you wouldn’t be irritated about having to catch up on seasons 1-4 first. Each mcu “phase” Is basically a tv season just with movie length episodes or whatever.

I get that it’s different watching tv episodes vs movies but that’s just how I see it and pretty sure how it’s meant to be viewed. You’re either in it fully or not at all. But I wouldn’t just jump into a tv show midway through season 6 and just expect to enjoy it the same as people that have watched from season 1.

• Like 1

On the other hand I’ve watched Mandalorian and WandaVision with people who weren’t big Star Wars or Marvel fans and they seem to enjoy the shows just as much, even if they don’t get every reference or easter egg. The shows are made pretty well to be accessible to everyone. Though you will get more out of them if you’re familiar with the franchises.

In the case of WandaVision, there are only four movies in the whole MCU that have Wanda and Vision in them, so it’s not a huge amount to catch up on for people wanting to get familiar with the characters first.

So I just finished "Behind Her Eyes" on Netflix. 

Fucking terrible name for the show but it was a trip. I spent half the show going "this is just a midlly creepy drama, why is it filmed so dramatically?" then it got to like episode 4 (of 6) and was like "Holy shit". I've never really seen a show that goes that left field in a way. It was fucking cool. Its been panned by critics but I loved it. Very cool. 

I’m obsessed with the Expanse. It’s the closest thing to Game of Thrones in terms of the politics, moral ambiguity of the characters, and large scale battles. Pretty much every episode in season 3 has had a huge action sequence. Surprised it took me this long to check it out.

• Like 1